Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Jinteki RP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Ingram
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I've played this deck probably a dozen times over the last couple weeks and have only lost once or twice. It did really terribly last night against a whizzard deck with yog/mimic/corroder/datasucker. Usually I just put punishing ice in front of my central servers to make it hurt if you want to get to my remotes, and stopping ice in front of one remote server which is where I advance agendas. Half the time I'm able to flatline the runner, either by having a twice advanced ronin hanging around for half the game ready to pounce, or just an unfortunate (for the runner) neural katana/snare combo.

I think my favorite win was the first time I played this deck when we were 6-6 and the runner accessed by hand and got a fetal ai but didn't have enough money to steal it so I won by flatlining him.

Any input on this deck?

----

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (10)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead #14) x1
Nisei MK II (Core #68) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount #32) x3
Corporate War (Future Proof #120) x3

Asset (17)
Adonis Campaign (Core #56) x3 ■■
Dedicated Server (A Study in Static #72) x2
Encryption Protocol (Trace Amount #29) x2 ■
PAD Campaign (Core #109) x3
Project Junebug (Core #69) x2
Snare! (Core #70) x3
Ronin (Future Proof #112) x2

ICE (19)
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3
Neural Katana (Core #77) x3
Enigma (Core #111) x3
Eli 1.0 (Future Proof #110) x3 ■
Wall of Thorns (Core #78) x2
Ice Wall (Core #103) x3 ■
Chum (Core #75) x2

Operation (3)
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3

Upgrade (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 11
Jinteki: 30
NBN: 0
The Weyland Consortium: 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks pretty similar to the Replicating Perfection I've been playing. I went with 3x Braintrust, though, over 3x Corporate War--there have been several games where my opponent CLEARLY had no interest in running my remotes, so I just dropped two or three Braintrusts out there and scored them as the opportunities arose. I even managed to overadvance an early Braintrust one game and was able to rez almost all of my ICE at a discount!

How have you liked Adonis Campaign? I've been using Marked Accounts, myself, and I find it to be wonderfully useful. It either earns me a ton of credits over the course of the game, or the Runner spends 2 clicks and 5 credits (plus whatever they had to spend to break my central server ICE) to trash it. Win-win for me!

I've been toying with Burke Bugs, because my deck tends to be insanely wealthy and I wanted a way to leverage all that money into a big advantage. The results have been mixed, though. I got to trash a Magnum Opus early game once, but most of the time it's just a cheap speed bump for the Runner's Ninja or Mimic. I did get someone to Femme it once while it was unrezzed, which was fun.

Have you ever managed to get anyone to run on your Junebugs? I've been considering taking them out. Everyone always assumes that they are Fetal AIs and will leave them alone, or that they're Ronins, in which case they just keep their hand full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reinholt
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
A few thoughts...

1 - I'm not sure I like the choice to run only 2pt agendas. With RP instead of PE, you can't make the "when they steal it, I burn them" argument. Instead you are just making them pull 4 agendas to win. But, if you are already making it hard to run remotes, and you want to force them to have to do the thing that is hard, the threat of scoring a 3pt agenda to win after scoring a pair of 2 point agendas can force the runner to do things they don't want to do (like go face first into Junebug). Likewise, since a lot people assume Jinteki runs all 2pt agendas now for some reason, I've actually won several games by just scoring a 3pt they didn't challenge. In short, 3pt agendas create earlier "match point" for Jinteki, and Jinteki is the best in the game in that situation.

2 - Given that people will have to run your centrals, the first change I would make would be to put three shadow or three pop-up window in place of your ice walls. Given that you don't run scorched earth or closed accounts, I'd go with pop-up window, because nothing says piss off like "waste one time and give me one money to run any remote" by putting pop-up window in front of all of them versus any kind of end the run ice, which they can just bounce off. Neural Katana would be another good option to front the centrals in your deck.

3 - You have a truckload of assets. I know the trick is to make them run a central to run the remotes, but realistically, you are going to be spread very thin to use all of these, and I wonder if might have too much saturation in that arena, especially given that your deck will have a harder time winning by flatline than PE so it's possible a runner could just spend all day popping remotes one by one like ugly clone pimples.

4 - I'd rather have three chum than three enigma.

5 - Some other thoughts basically come down to how I think this deck would play. The problem I see with it is that it's not really a deterrent to what some of the high end runner decks are already interested in doing (Criminal wants to run all over your central so your ability means nothing to them), and it's not reliably going to flatline runners because you don't have a huge offensive arsenal. I think this will do fine in non-competitive situations, but I feel like this deck either needs to get a lot more focused on big ice delay, or a lot more focused on making the runners die a horrible death, and right now, it's really neither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
All that ICE is very susceptible to fixed breakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
All that ICE is very susceptible to fixed breakers.

Are they? He's got a fair number of Barriers in there, and I don't think I've ever seen anybody running Morning Star, so those will cost the Runner at least a few credits to get through. And Yog needs some help from Datasuckers, Dinosaurus, The Personal Touch, or Ice Carver to get through Chum.

So really it's just Enigma and Neural Katana, both of which are strong enough that they'll force the Runner to slow down and find their breakers, which gives the RP deck time to score or dig for better ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Kinda surprised not to see Melange... it fits so well with Jinteki's rollercoaster tempo.
2) It is really handy to have econ ice stacked on R&D, (e.g., popup + caduceus or 2x shadows) so that even if you didn't have the creds for a snare before the run started, you will by the time the runner finds one.
3) Have you considered swapping 2x encryption protocol for aggressive secretary? Ronin incites runners to hit anything with 1 or 2 advancement counters with a full hand, and the secretary works wonders to slow them down.
4) What are your thoughts on Hogusai Grid, Trick of Light, Neural EMP, and maybe (maybe) a Scorched Earth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ingram
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for all the input. I think the biggest revelation I got from you guys was to put economy ice in front of my central servers. I also had noticed from personal experience that I had too much cheap ice, so I just replaced some of the cheap ice with caduceus, pop-up, and shadow. I also swapped out atlas campaign in favor of marked accounts because I like the idea of having a million remote servers and really punishing the runner with high trash fees. I swapped in 3x priority requisition thanks to your guys' advice and that freed up a couple card slots for the aggressive secretaries.

I only had enough time last night to test it once, I won, but it was against a very weak opponent (we got very much into the mid-game, and the only hardware/program/resource he had in play was a desperado. wtf?)

Any input on the updated deck?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (9)
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x3

Asset: (17)
Dedicated Server (A Study in Static) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Snare! (Core) x3
Ronin (Future Proof) x2
Aggressive Secretary (Core) x2 ■■
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus) x2 ■
Project Junebug (Core) x2

ICE: (20)
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Enigma (Core) x1
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Chum (Core) x3
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3 ■
Shadow (Core) x2 ■
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x2 ■■

Operation: (3)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 21

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 4
Jinteki: 34
NBN: 5
The Weyland Consortium: 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.