4 Posts

Ninjato» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Sensai - clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Nanthavong
Canada
flag msg tools
I don't believe anyone has covered this and I'm seeking clarification on The Sensai.

1) Do The Sensai cards replenish during play? If player A obtains a sensai card, does a new card take its place?

2) Do the discarded Sensai cards eventually get reshuffled to be a new "large pile"?

I ask this because in the side bar of the manual, it mentions Dojo cards and Guard cards depleting and to reshuffle them for a new pile, but nothing really states it for the sensai cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wanganism wrote:
I don't believe anyone has covered this and I'm seeking clarification on The Sensai.

1) Do The Sensai cards replenish during play? If player A obtains a sensai card, does a new card take its place?

At the end of each round, any that are not taken are cleared off and a new set laid out.

Quote:
2) Do the discarded Sensai cards eventually get reshuffled to be a new "large pile"?

Never. There are enough to get you through the whole game. They have a different setup than the other cards.

Quote:
I ask this because in the side bar of the manual, it mentions Dojo cards and Guard cards depleting and to reshuffle them for a new pile, but nothing really states it for the sensai cards.

It is under the 3rd "point" (resetting the sensei) under Ending a Round on Page 9. Pretty clear here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nanthavong
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response!

But just to confirm, The only time sensai cards are replenished are at the end of a round, correct?

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!
It's been bugging me for the longest time

EDIT: additional clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
correct. I meant to add that to my answer above. you only replenish at the end of the round even if you run out of tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.