Subject: is the game playable without areacards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game. And discovered my game didn't include the area cards. I mailed Z-mangames two days ago, but haven't heard back yet. I have some friends coming over tomorrow and would have liked to play this game. Is it playable without the areacards?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! First off, Z-Man is generally good about replacement parts - I'm sure they will help fix it.

You do need the area cards, but they only get shuffled at the start of the game and never with other cards, so you could easily print some proxies to use until the real cards show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not playable without them, but you can make a temporary set to serve as stand-ins.

EDIT: ninjad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick answers, now i'll check if I can find the area cards between in the images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebearthatwasnt wrote:
thanks for the quick answers, now i'll check if I can find the area cards between in the images.

This is the best one I see:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
made cards, presented game, somebody said: why don't we play another that does have all the components.
Guess some people are really into pretty games (maybe my reconstruction of the cards wasn't perfect )
It started an interesting discussion if components were important for gameplay and he got me at, 'why did you buy werewolf, when you already made your own cards'-argument.
Anyway still hoping to get this one to the table soon.
Come on Z-man work your customer service magic!
thanks everyone for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thebearthatwasnt wrote:
made cards, presented game, somebody said: why don't we play another that does have all the components.

I feel bad for your friend. They missed out on playing an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.