Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » General

Subject: Summary of what you get at premium and some common add-on combinations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is the summary of the most important info.

What you get when you back at the Premium ($100/105/106/110) Level is Click_Here
*Note, this link will occasionally become dead as it is updated, but can always be found on the kickstarter main page.

Note that when it lists Radioactive expansion it includes the following:
1) RadioactiveRed Survivor/Nemesis expansion including radioactive versions of: 7 red survivors, 4 red nemeses (including Rachel), 4 nemeses boards.
2) Radioactive Component Pack: 20 red disks, 6 red cubes, item deck.

The rest of the known stretches still to come are:
$190k - Add burnt out graphics for the backside of all room tiles
$200k - 6 equipment cards
$210k - 2 extra rooms

Then it comes to add-ons. Below are the most common options people are doing (including a Premium Level pledge):
*Note, this is assuming $180k is reached or one may wish to increase pledge for gray Chuck Zombies and dice as well.

1) $90 additional: RadioactiveRed zombie expansion 1 ($35), RadioactiveRed Chunk zombies ($10), Backer's Special #2 ($45)
2) $100 additional: #1 + RadioactiveRed Tuff zombies ($10)
3) $55 additional: Backer's Special 2 ($45), RadioactiveRed Bad Boy Boards ($10)*
4) $10 additional: RadioactiveRed Bad Boy Boards*
5) $0 additional
6) $15 additional: Limited Edition Survivor David the Painter
*Add-on option is shown in text on the main page, but is not in the add-on picture section yet.

#1 includes everything unique except Tuff zombies. The reason many will not include these is because Tuff zombies are unaffected by radioactivity so including them is merely cosmetic.

#3 is for people who plan to create and use their own markers for a zombie that becomes radioactive instead of swapping with red ones. Note that many still do Backer's Special 2 even though it gives red figures because it is only $5 less than Backer's Special 1, but if they are completely unimportant, that could bring #3 down to an additional $50 instead.

#4 is to be able to fully utilize the radioactive expansion, but without the red zombie and creature miniatures. So, you would have to use something to mark the zombies and creatures that become radioactive (pennies, dimes, or whatever you come up with), but you can do it. You would still have the red survivors and nemeses.

#5 is still perfectly fine on its own. All stretches are still perfectly usable without getting additional add-ons. Even the radioactive expansion from the $165k stretch goal is usable since the component pack was included. You would probably make your creatures immune to radioactivity while your survivors, nemeses, and zombies (although zombies would need to use the marker method listed in #4 else you could just make them immune too!) could. If you'd want your creatures to become radioactive, using option #4 is best and not much more.

#6 includes the only add-on that will be limited or exclusive that is not just a cosmetic change (either in gameplay or release to public - see below).

Here is a list of which add-ons are exclusive or limited.

1) David the Painter survivor is limited. It is available separately or in the two Backer's Specials (1 or 2).
2) Tuff Guy zombies are exclusive or limited so any form of him is too including radioactive version, but as stated radioactive version is only cosmetic so it is not necessary to show any change of status.
3) Red radioactive figures are exclusive - they will use a different color when released to the public, but will function the same. If you want "everything" then go for option #2, but a future release will function the same.

There are a ton of comments, but can find out additional information in them.
Here are all David's comments on kickstarter: Click_Here

And here are all Queen's comments on kickstarter: Click_Here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note that I personally am going with option #1 right now but may switch to #2 eventually.

I do understand why some may go with #3 either for cost or because they want to completely paint over them anyway and do not want to paint a second set (I know some who want to paint radioactive themed ones too though!). I have too many games with minis to paint them all so I don't bother. And, I am not that artistic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For point #3 it has not been confirmed whether the bad boy expansion has 4 radioactive creature stat cards or 7 radioactive creature stat cards. I have assumed it's only the base set creatures so the $50 option you mentioned might not be viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:
For point #3 it has not been confirmed whether the bad boy expansion has 4 radioactive creature stat cards or 7 radioactive creature stat cards. I have assumed it's only the base set creatures so the $50 option you mentioned might not be viable.
Given it is called the "Bad Boy expansion" I assume only the 5 creature boards from the Bad Boy set (Bird, snake, Dog, gorilla and guard) are provided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about using the glow in the dark miniatures as radioactive miniature replacements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about doing #6 or:

7) $45 additional: Backer's Special 2

I want the LE David, but for $30 more you get basically a combined shipping discount and 10 more mini-expansions. If I play radioactive, I can just limit my creature deck to these expanded ones and have no radioactive zombies, but always a radioactive creature/nemesis. Should provide enough additional variety for a while. When I want more variety, I can pick up the radioactive expansion at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't see the "bad boys" radioactive cards only option listed anywhere, so really, is not an option yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nappen wrote:
I still don't see the "bad boys" radioactive cards only option listed anywhere, so really, is not an option yet.
It's in the text on the frontpage:
"RadioactiveRed Bad Boy Boards (5 creature boards - no minis) - $10 - inc. in RadioactiveRed zombie expansion"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard E. Markhardt
United States
Sandwich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't understand the point of paying for the Red Tuff zombies if they can't be radiated.

It says it's for cosmetic purposes but I'm still confused. Can someone explain to me why you would want red Tuff zombies if they serve no purpose? Is it solely so you can have red colored Tuff zombies to match the other zombies? It seems like that would just confuse me during gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fullmoon wrote:
Nappen wrote:
It's in the text on the frontpage:
"RadioactiveRed Bad Boy Boards (5 creature boards - no minis) - $10 - inc. in RadioactiveRed zombie expansion"

I swear that wasn't there before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does every minis Kickstarter need a batman decoder ring to decipher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Why does every minis Kickstarter need a batman decoder ring to decipher.

My ring must be broken. I still don't know if or which of the extras are worth getting if you're getting the premium.

The Backer's Special #2 looks like it duplicates some of the creatures.

And I haven't seen any explanation as to why I want the BadBoy boards and what they do to gameplay.

I guess that's what I find missing on the Kickstarter page, is the answer to the question "If I am getting the Premium, what does this add-on do for the game?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worth is definately a relative term here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nappen wrote:
worth is definately a relative term here

Yup. I think that's my problem. Everything seems to be based on what you get extra, without answering the question... why would I want it?

If I felt like there was a reason to get Backer's Special #2 I'd push it over the $170k mark right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony T
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or did they change the price of the David the Painter mini? For some reason, I remember it being listed as a $15 add-on, but I just now checked the front page and it's listed as $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
I´ll do #3, thats enough for me.
I will buy the "normal" Zombies in green retail. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,
This was useful. Made me go from #5 to #4. I wasn't aware of the alternative creature boards.
Cya
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
This thread is extremely useful. thank u very much for this. cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
Hm. Should I buy this Bad Boy boards in #4 or
The Bad boy set for 15 $?

Are the boards important?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Andi2012 wrote:
Hm. Should I buy this Bad Boy boards in #4 or
The Bad boy set for 15 $?

Are the boards important?

You can't really play without the boards, since the new stats are on them. As for the minis, you can always find a substitute, since you just need to differentiate them visually (you can place a coin or custom token or piece of paper beneath the figure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
Ok, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stargatez wrote:
Is it just me or did they change the price of the David the Painter mini? For some reason, I remember it being listed as a $15 add-on, but I just now checked the front page and it's listed as $25.

You are right, it was 15. Now it is 25 in the graphic display, but still 15 in the text one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Why would you want those add-ons?"
this question seems coming up a few times

the short answer is for variation and greater game difficulty;

-more survivors help you choose with which to play, it also allows replacing survivors that die mid-game.

-different zombie types and monsters have different strengths/weaknesses, so it makes the game more challenging as you need to factor in these differences and thus allows to tweak its difficulty.
ie will you rather use close-combat weapons or rather ranged weapons as some zombies are better fought from a distance or a combination etc.

-different nemesises allow for variation in the end boss that needs to be taken out.

-different board tiles offer a bigger variation in board layout

-different items allow for more variation and new tactics here as well

-the radioactive expansion allows for a new threat under the form of radiation that slowly takes over the board tiles, mutating/killing zombies/monsters/nemesises/survivors and come with its radiation-specific items to fight the radiation. as any/all zombie/monster/nemesis types can be affected by radiation, you need to have the relevant radiated counterpart of whatever models you want to play with

-the helicopter expansion allows for a slightly different endgame finale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Very helpfull thread, thanks. I'm aiming for 4) and will mark radiated zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
I think that I finally make #4
+ Bad guys in red for 15 $

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.