United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking play could go as normal, but you would just reshuffles the cards for round three. Not sure how it would mess with the balance, but it might work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno. The score difference from just 5 players to 4 players is pretty huge. …but as with most drafting games, given sufficient components, and altered expectations of control, why not? I certainly am not the person to say it can't be done…
Notre Dame 6-/7-player expansion
Notre Dame 6-/7-player expansion cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did experiment with a 6-8 player variant which required two copies of the game to play. The only major rules difference was adding points for third place in the sushi roll scoring each round. In the end, it didn't seem exciting enough to warrant buying two copies. Although I may return to it at some point and post the rules.

A version where the deck is reshuffled each round could potentially work, although the fact that the puddings cannot be reshuffled could make for some weird rounds with big "pudding swings". Worth thinking about though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're going to be using most of the deck each round with a large number of players. How about starting with only four puddings in the deck, and then adding three in when you shuffle the deck for round two, and three more for round three?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
You're going to be using most of the deck each round with a large number of players. How about starting with only four puddings in the deck, and then adding three in when you shuffle the deck for round two, and three more for round three?

this sounds like it might work. I'll will have to give this a go next time I have a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil81 wrote:
I did experiment with a 6-8 player variant which required two copies of the game to play. The only major rules difference was adding points for third place in the sushi roll scoring each round. In the end, it didn't seem exciting enough to warrant buying two copies. Although I may return to it at some point and post the rules.

Please do post the rules Phil! Would love to add a 6th player. 7/8 would be a bonus but I'd happily buy a second copy just to add one additional player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For big games, might it work to divide players into teams?

When you play a card, you put it in front of your teammate rather than yourself. Only your teammate can play the next card in the sequence.

This creates a lot of wacky contradictions that I gotta work out.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Quinton
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players--Deal
6 -- 8
7 -- 7
Shuffle discard pile after the second course.

Worked great with 6; 7 was affected by not seeing any cards a second time, but it still worked for teaching the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go Party! (which includes all of Sushi Go plus a bunch of extra cards) officially supports 8 players, FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, officially the answer is Sushi Go Party. But there is a variation from the author (Phil Walker-Harding) here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1169826/2-decks-10-players

Quote:
The upcoming sequel to Sushi Go!, Sushi Go Party! will allow for 6-8 players. Among many other features, it allows you to essentially play the original game but with 2-8 players.

However, if you really want to try a 2 deck variant of the original game for 6-8, here's the simplest way to do it:

Play with 2 decks shuffled together.
Maki rolls score 6/4/2 points for 1st/2nd/3rd.
In 6 player games, deal 10 cards to each player per round.
In 7 player games, deal 9 cards to each player per round.
In 8 player games, deal 8 cards to each player per round.

While this works, it isn't completely satisfying, as you can have some imbalanced rounds based on what is dealt out from the (now humungous) deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.