Subject: C&C Kate "Jack of All Trades" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I've been developing Kate for quite some time (indeed, for as long as I've focused on Jinteki), and I've finally decided to reveal my post-C&C deck. As with the general consensus, Shapers' strength lies in a very quick, cheap rig. For the rest, cards should be distributed between economy, access boosters, and a plethora of tricks.

Identity
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)
Total Cards: 45

Event (19)
Diesel (Core) x3
Indexing (Future Proof) x3
Infiltration (Core) x2
Notoriety (Trace Amount) x1
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) x1
The Maker's Eye (Core) x2
Tinkering (Core) x2
Inside Job (Core) x2
Stimhack (Core) x2
**Escher (Creation & Control) x1**
Hardware (3)
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) x2
**Record Reconstructor (Second Thoughts) x1**
Program (14)
**Self-Modifying Code (Creation & Control) x3**
Crypsis (Core) x1
Gordian Blade (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x1
Crescentus (A Study in Static) x3
**Paricia (Creation & Control) x2**
Resource (9)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x2
The Helpful AI (What Lies Ahead) x2

I've helped to identify which cards are available post-C&C. This deck is a jack of all trades which aims to get set up extremely quickly (to install one of each program besides Crypsis would cost a total of 6 credits). Tinkering and Inside Job assist in allowing me to hit the ground running.

Resource Denial: Crescentus and Paricia combine to shut down weak economies and inhibit the somewhat vast credit pool required for fast advance, at literally no cost to my rig or economy. They also make great Aesop bait if I decide my economy is more important at the moment.

Economy: Kati, Armitage, and Stimhack are more than enough and vary my economic engine between burst, click, and drip economy.

Access: Indexing, especially when coupled with a follow-up Stimhack or Maker's Eye, is quite simply amazing. This further sabotages the runner beyond the aforementioned resource denial, and pairs well with Paricia if I want to get rid of a hazardous asset.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is by no means a complete deck in that I'm keenly interested in what the rest of C&C has to offer, most notably Dagger.

The final rig in this deck would be: Corroder, Gordian, Mimic (on Dino), Paricia, Crescentus. Crescentus is not to be underestimated in a Kate build, and I suspect Paricia is going to be amazing (after all, it's Whizzard's ability, for free!).

-Edited to alter all instances of "Kit" to "Kate"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't that be "Jill of All Trades"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mills
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Mac of All Trades"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the point of discussing decks that are based on the spoilers, to be honest.

We're missing way too many informations to build competitive decks for post-Creation and Control, not to mention you've gone beyond that, with a card from Second Thoughts.
Thing is, to build a good deck, you need to know all that's available to you, but more importantly (especially in an asymmetric game) all that's available to your opponents.

With a deluxe expansion and two data packs along the way, things might change a lot. At least, I hope they will... and if you ask me Chakana will help with that.

Concerning Paricia, anyway, I'm not really excited about it.
It's a rather poor alternative to Whizzard's ability: being a program can be trashed and occupies 1 MU, plus you can only use the recurring credits to trash Assets.
But I'm not a fan of limited-use recurring credits anyway (BWBI, Inside Man...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Resource Denial: Crescentus and Paricia ... They also make great Aesop bait if I decide my economy is more important at the moment.

This would be a better point if you'd included Aesops in the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Paddosan wrote:
I don't see the point of discussing decks that are based on the spoilers, to be honest.

I would agree if the deck hinged on the C&C cards, as a deck may look great in theory but requires extensive testing. I felt comfortable posting this deck because its core strategy does not hinge on spoiled cards, but are instead complemented by them. Believe me, I've been playing a variant of this deck since Future Proof, and it wrecks corps.

I figured Paricia would be far overlooked in favor of Chakana, but I think it's going to be a nice effect for any rig with the room to spare. I have Aesop in the pre-C&C version of this deck, but lacked the room due to the new cards, and forgot I took it out (not sure if Record Reconstructor is going to be worth including).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
Personally, I'd go -1 Mimic, +1 Femme Fatale, otherwise you're dead in the water to Archer, Janus, Flare, and any other 6+ strength Sentry. Femme has a higher cost and a lower strength, but has a great ability and can self-pump.
Alternately, try a Ninja, which is the most efficient way of breaking high-strength sentries, but costs more influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
wildfire393 wrote:
Personally, I'd go -1 Mimic, +1 Femme Fatale, otherwise you're dead in the water to Archer, Janus, Flare, and any other 6+ strength Sentry. Femme has a higher cost and a lower strength, but has a great ability and can self-pump.
Alternately, try a Ninja, which is the most efficient way of breaking high-strength sentries, but costs more influence.

My thought process was that Mimicsaurus took care of most ice, and Helpful AI would assist with Archer/Janus/etc, but Dino's timing issues hinder pacing. My objection to Femme is that its install cost with few exceptions chokes the runner's tempo by a full turn. Ninja is definitely worth consideration and I think I'm going to test it before C&C comes out - I'm just concerned it's not exactly cheap against mid-tier sentries.

More than anything else, I'm really banking on Dagger being a good enough sentry breaker, and for shapers to get a decent console or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimic on Dino is great if you also have Ice Carver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimic is great already. Mimic on Dinosaur is greater, and Mimic on Ice Carver is even greater still. Although I'd go with a naturally cheaper, Kate-discounted, zero-influence, non-tag-trashable Personal Touch over Ice Carver when given the deckbuilding choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just go for Mimic + Dino + Ice Carver + 2x Personal Touch and get through Janus!

Or, you know...E3 Feedback Implants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.