Subject: Purchase Plan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I buy will definitely get 2 starters for the extra ships and components. Will buy 2 of each romulan and federation expansion for the first wave. Want to focus on building good fleets for both. Just wish I had room to buy everything. I suppose I could sell my tactics ships..

I have fleet captains and all the tactics ships and need to sell one or the other to have future space for attack wing.

What's everyone's plan of attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a noob planning to purchase this game set. I didn't think about purchasing duplicates; why exactly? Also how much space is required? thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of getting 2 starter sets (Definatly getting one) plus the extra Federation and Klingon ships, might go for the romulans as well but the focus is Feds and Klingons. Once the Dominion stuff comes out will be getting that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not buy 1 starter and use your tactics ships as proxies? They're exactly the same models and once you get 1 set, you'll have the cards you need. Same with the expansions...just need 1 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple allow larger fleets to be built. Some of the ships I saw are only 25-35 pts, so in a standard 100 pt game you'll need more unless you trick out your ship will a lot of crew and upgrades. Also, multiple ships will bring in additional weapons, captains and crew cards. If you are playing anyone but your close friends, most 'require' you to have a card for each weapon on each ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tactics ships use a different base, and as firing arcs are critical, keeping the base card aligned properly, as well as correctly attaching the turn template, will cause a lot 'looser' game to result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold my Tactics ships on Ebay once U heard aabout this game. While the same ships, the bases are key to playing the game correctly. The heroclix rules were horrible,but this is the ST game I was wanting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
BrackAttack wrote:
I am a noob planning to purchase this game set. I didn't think about purchasing duplicates; why exactly? Also how much space is required? thx

Duplicates are good for the extra dice and components. Also you get extra upgrades and crew cards that you can use with other ships for more customization.

Yes I am trying to figure out what to do as far as selling my tactics set or fleet captains. I guess If I had to choose it would be the tactics set..despite all the money I put down.. oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on buying one of everything. I feel there is less need to buy two starter sets. Attack Wing gives you five attack and five defense dice. The crew upgrades are all unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter set also provides the additional templates, which is always handy to have for each player.

Five of each dice will not be enough for some cases, due to the +1 due to range and other options.

I expect the base set ships will be the common variants, so more of your workhorse cruisers is always good.

Base set will also have weapons and upgrade cards, all of which are useful.

End result is that for $30, a second base set is almost a given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of everything on preorder at MM, and I plan to buy a second starter at Gen Con to be sure I get one of the Khan promo cards.

At the Origins demo, there were definitely a few rolls of more than 5 dice, and with the extra templates, my friends and I can have two games going at the same time without having to fight over them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mundane wrote:
I am planning on buying one of everything. I feel there is less need to buy two starter sets. Attack Wing gives you five attack and five defense dice. The crew upgrades are all unique.

True but the ship upgrades would be useful to have in case you want to use for other ships.. dunno maybe I am thinking in the way of how x-wing is setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
However I do hope WK releases a dice pack as well for those of you who do not want to buy a second starter but need the extra dice as there will be scenarios where more than 5 attack and/or defend dice is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting one of each. It looks like the game is playable that way, which is sort of true to the nature of Star Trek. Sure, we know there's lots of ships in the fleet that are of the same class, but aside from a few exceptions (ie, "The Ultimate Computer"), we don't usually see them all together. So yeah, one of each for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.