Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red Herrings on Archive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in the topic is the question clear

Is it possible to install Red Herrings on the Archives?

I know Noobquestion^^ but better ask a great community as playing wrong all the time

V and Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
Yes, it is. And in case of Noise accessing 4 agendas, he'd have to pay 20 credits to steal them all ...

... Instead he trashes Red Herrings and comes again ...

... unless your archives are well guarded :)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that the runner turns all cards in Archives face up BEFORE deciding in which order he will access cards. This means they will (presumably) always choose to steal the 3 pointers before the 2/1 pointers if you have red herrings installed and they can only afford to pay for 1!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Remember that the runner turns all cards in Archives face up BEFORE deciding in which order he will access cards. This means they will (presumably) always choose to steal the 3 pointers before the 2/1 pointers if you have red herrings installed and they can only afford to pay for 1!


Ah is that right ? I thought you technically accessed cards one at a time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Avatar
I believe the FAQ clarified access on R&D.

To the OP: Find the online version of the rulebook on netrunnercards.info/rules and look up the keyword 'root'.
You should be able to find an explanation on how to install upgrades on central servers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Kandiru wrote:
Remember that the runner turns all cards in Archives face up BEFORE deciding in which order he will access cards. This means they will (presumably) always choose to steal the 3 pointers before the 2/1 pointers if you have red herrings installed and they can only afford to pay for 1!


Ah is that right ? I thought you technically accessed cards one at a time.


You access cards one at a time, but at the start of the accessing cards on the archives server, you turn all face down cards in archives face up (even if you have lost an ASH trace.) Then you access cards one at a time in any order you choose, including any upgrades in the root.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Flamehearted wrote:
Kandiru wrote:
Remember that the runner turns all cards in Archives face up BEFORE deciding in which order he will access cards. This means they will (presumably) always choose to steal the 3 pointers before the 2/1 pointers if you have red herrings installed and they can only afford to pay for 1!


Ah is that right ? I thought you technically accessed cards one at a time.


You access cards one at a time, but at the start of the accessing cards on the archives server, you turn all face down cards in archives face up (even if you have lost an ASH trace.) Then you access cards one at a time in any order you choose, including any upgrades in the root.


So is this the same when accessing e.g R&D with medium. You turn over say 4 cards then chose which order to access ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Loikkanen
Finland
Kuopio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Kandiru wrote:


You access cards one at a time, but at the start of the accessing cards on the archives server, you turn all face down cards in archives face up (even if you have lost an ASH trace.) Then you access cards one at a time in any order you choose, including any upgrades in the root.


So is this the same when accessing e.g R&D with medium. You turn over say 4 cards then chose which order to access ?


The situation with Ash hadn't occured to me before, but seems legit.

Medium is a bit different since basically you have the information what is in the archives (when they are all face up so you know which to steal first, because archives can even be shuffled. Heap can not.) but with medium you choose the amount first and then, counting from the top, access each individually in order.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
atteloikkanen wrote:
Medium is a bit different since basically you have the information what is in the archives (when they are all face up so you know which to steal first, because archives can even be shuffled. Heap can not.) but with medium you choose the amount first and then, counting from the top, access each individually in order.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.


Correct. You do not get to see the second card before deciding whether or not to trash the first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT ninjaed
No, this is a special rule for archives which is independent of being actually able to access those cards.

When you access archives:
1. Turn all face down cards in archives face up.
2. Proceed to access all cards in the server as normal, in any order you choose.

For example, if ASH has passed a trace that turn you won't access any cards other than ASH in step 2, but you still do step 1.

For R&D you access cards one at a time in order on R&D face down, and in the root in any order you choose.

Its only archives which has the face up/face down mechanic.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Kandiru wrote:
Flamehearted wrote:
Kandiru wrote:
Remember that the runner turns all cards in Archives face up BEFORE deciding in which order he will access cards. This means they will (presumably) always choose to steal the 3 pointers before the 2/1 pointers if you have red herrings installed and they can only afford to pay for 1!


Ah is that right ? I thought you technically accessed cards one at a time.


You access cards one at a time, but at the start of the accessing cards on the archives server, you turn all face down cards in archives face up (even if you have lost an ASH trace.) Then you access cards one at a time in any order you choose, including any upgrades in the root.


So is this the same when accessing e.g R&D with medium. You turn over say 4 cards then chose which order to access ?


No. That's an Archives-specific rule. With all other servers, if you access more than one card, you reveal each one at a time and decide how to resolve that access before revealing another card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.