Popular Tags: [View All]
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
Polish wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes we made:
- we used Battles of Westeros board with modification of movement rules – 8/12 =3/4 hexes, 6/10= 2/3 hexes, 12/16=4/5 hexes
- we decided to play “My party moves, your party moves” instead of “Your character moves, my character moves” this time, to make whole description bit clear
- we used rules only from first rulebook (Saga I), so no Gnosis and other special rules here.
- we played with two parties, both 160 levels

Turn 1
Yuki's party:

Yuki’s party moves forward, to the river, with Hel on the left and Janiel in the centre. Yuki uses her Tree Frost ability to teleport herself close to the river, so she’ll be able to attack enemy units from the distance.

Evangeline's party:

Evangeline’s party divides, with her and Kronen on the right and Sophia and Feng Yi on the left. Each group contain a fighter and support character.

Turn 2
Hel approaches Feng Yi and attacks her. Her attack is 5, she rolls 3 on D10 and since Feng Yi’s defense is 9, she misses. Yuki shoots Kronen with her Ice Splinters, but rolls 1 (attack 4 + 1 for IS + 1 from roll < Kronen’s defense 8). Janiel also targets Kronen with her Feather Storm. She rolls 8 and adds her 5 attack, so she breaks through the Kronen’s defense. Her Level of Success is 5 then. She has 2 base damage and Feather Storm adds also 2 to the damage. Kronen’s armor is 5. So Janiel causes 4 damage to him. Kronen loses 4 Life points and has now 16.
Evangeline uses her Healing ability to heal Kronen’s wound. With his health restored, Kronen crosses the river. Sophia uses her Offensive Analysis to increase Feng Yi’s attack rate. Stronger than before, Feng Yi attacks Hel. She decides to user her First Stand that gives her +1 to damage. Her attack is 5 + 2 from Sophia’s support and she rolls 10! This makes 17 against Hel’s 9. Level of Success is 8 + 2 damage base and +1 from First Stand against Hel armor’s 0. So Hel suffers 11 damage with her total HP 12. She’s almost gone… she spends her last action point uses her item – Life Potion that recovers 5 HP. But Feng Yi performs her second stand and gets + 1 to attack. Her attack is now 5 + 2 (Sophia) and + 1 (second stand). She rolls 3, so her totall attack is 11 against Hel’s 9. With Level of Success 2 and 2 base damage + 1 from Second Stand, she causes 5 damage to Hel. Once again Hel’s drops to 1.

Turn 3
Yuki targets Evangeline and shoots her Ice Splinters on her. Her attack is 4, she adds 1 from IS and rolls 3, which makes 8 against Evangeline’s defense 8. She barely hits, but her Level of Success is 0. She adds her basis damage 2 and + 2 for Ice Splinters. Evangeline’s armor is 0, so she suffers 4 damage. Rayne approaches Kronen and uses her Shadow Technique to perform two consecutive attacks against him. She rolls 3 and adds to her bases attack 6, so it makes 9 against Kronen’s 8. She hits him, but her Level of Success is only 1. She adds 2 of her damage but Kronen’s armor has 5 value, so he isn’t hurt. Rayne attacks for the second time. This time she rolls 9! Her Level of Success is now 7. This means she causes 4 damage points to Kronen. Janiel wants to help her and attacks Kronen with her Feather Storm. She rolls 7 and her basis attack is 5, so she breaks through Kronen’s defense with Level of Success 4. She adds 2 of her basis damage and 2 from Feather Storm ability, so it makes 8 against Kronen’s 5 armor value. He suffers three more damage points.
Hel is close to her death (or rather – undeath), so she uses her last chance – Gates of Hell attack against Feng Yi. This gives her + 2 to attack. Her basis attack is 5 + 2 from Gates of Hell and she rolls… 1. What a bad luck. Feng Yi has 9 defense, so it means she manages to defend herself without any injuries.
Supported by Sophia’s Offensive Analysis, Feng Yi attacks Hel. She has attack 5 + from OA and she rolls 7. Enough to kill Hel… She cuts undead creature into pieces and moves forward.
Kronen attacks Rayne. His attack is 4, he rolls 7, so it’s 11 against 10. His Level of Success is 1, he adds 8 damage points so Rayne loses 9 HP (with her total 12 HP). Evangeline uses her Heal ability to heal herself.

Turn 4
This time Yuki turns her Ice Splinter attack against Feng Yi. Her attack is 5 (4 basis + 1 from IS) and she rolls 4. She hits, but her Level of Success is 0, so she deals 4 damage points (2 + 2 from IS) to Feng Yi.
Janiel uses her Feather Storm against Kronen. Her attack is 5, FS gives her + 2 to attack and she rolls 6, so it gives 13 against 8. Her Level of Success is 5, she has 2 basis damage and FS adds 2. Kronen’s armor value is 5, so he suffers 4 damage. His HP is lowered to 9.
Rayne who is at the edge of death, decides that she must kill him if she wants to survive. She uses her Shadow Technique again. Her attack is 6 and she uses Destiny card to automatically roll 7. This gives 13 against Kronen’s 8. She gets 5 Level of Success and with her basis damage 2, she deals 2 damage to Kronen. Still not enough to kill him. In the second attack she rolls 1, so her attack misses the target.
Evangeline heals Kronen, and he attacks Rayne. She’s badly hurt, so he could be able to kill her. Sadly, he rolls 5, so his total attack is 9, against Rayne’s 10. She managed to dodge his attack. Feng Yi approaches Yuki. She attacks her at once and performs First Stand rolling 8 and with her attack 5, she gets 13 against 8, so her Level of Success is 5 + 2 damage – 1 for First Stand. Yuki has no armor, sos he loses 6 HP. Feng Yi performs instantly Second Stand. This time she adds 2 to attack. Rollig 7 she gets 5 + 2 + 7 =14 against 8. It’s enough to kill Yuki. Sophia follows her.

Turn 5
From whole Yuki’s party only Rayne and Janiel are still alive and Rayne is deeply wounded. Janiel uses her Feathers Storm to attack Kronen, because killing his is their only way to change a situation. She rolls 7 and adds 5, this gives 12 against Kronen’s 8. Level of Success is 4, she adds 2 (her basis damage) and 2 (FS damage) and with Kronen’s armor value 5, she deals him 3 damage. Still, not enough to stop him. He’s really though guy. Aware that she can’t kill Kronen, Rayne decides to try her luck with Feng Yi, who is also nearby. She rolls 8 and adds her 6. Feng Yi decides that she’ll be dodging. She rolls 8 as well, which allows her to evade Rayne’s scythe.
Evangeline moves forward and heals Kronen. He targets Janiel this time, but rolls 3 and misses her. Sophia supports Feng Yi with Offensive Analysis. Feng Yi couldn’t use her Stands, so she attacks Rayne with normal attack. She rolls 4 + 5 (her basis attack) + 2 (OA), so it gives 11 against 10. She barely went through Rayne’d defense, but since Scythe Girl has no armor, Feng Yi deals her 3 damage points. Rayne is dead.
With only Janiel remaining at battlefield, Yuki’s party is defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see this pop up in the sessions.

I bought the starters for this game when they first came out, and then after a few months, stuck them in the cupboard (unpainted) and forgot about them. I recently fished them out, painted up the starters, and bought a bunch of extra characters cheap; and I am looking forward to giving the game a fairer crack of the whip than I first gave it. Your report was interesting, and I can't wait to get my own war parties on the table.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
Polish wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. I'll probably post next report soon, with use of other rules and other characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Grisz wrote:
Thanks a lot. I'll probably post next report soon, with use of other rules and other characters.

How many do you usually have on a team?

I think the reason I shelved this without giving it a lot of attention was because the two starters (which weren't cheap) only had 4 figs, and the teams were badly balanced (I got the early dark starter with Shinigami Ayl instead of Bael). Having been inspired to play again, I tracked down a cheap Empire starter (6 figs) and also picked up the early sorcerer figure Akio Kageshima.

Unfortunately, most of the Empire figures are Light, but 11 figs is still enough to put together a couple of teams. I just need a few more Samael and neutrals (or wanderers) to flesh out the options. Although I think picking up the Church team is a good option too.

I have a love/hate relationship with the figs in this game. About 60% of them I think are some of the finest miniatures around, and the rest I think are horrible. I intend to only buy figures I like. The good thing is, you only need a few on each side for interesting games (one of the reasons I got involved in the first place, having given up on Warhammer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
Polish wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

How many do you usually have on a team?

4-6.

I've been buying them mostly because of the look, I paid less atention to their skills or organizations. I have 14 anima Tactics figurines, I think I'll show some others in the next session report.

Yes, I never had time and money to play games like Warhammer. And that's why I like Anima Tactics. This game is not moneysucker and needs less space to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.