Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook of the game layout there are two identical sectors placed next to each other (each one belonging to a different player).

Two questions arise:

1.If my opponent has deployed Site/ Sector 'A' during their turn, when it comes to my deployment phase and I want to play exactly the same Site/ Sector, do I have to deploy my site/ sector next to its opponent-controlled twin?

2. Taking the example from the rulebook (two identical sectors/ sites next to each other, each sector owned by a different player), if I deploy a unit to my controlled sector, is that unit considered to be at the same location as the the same (opponent controlled) sector? (i.e. does the ship have to Move to the opponent-controlled identical sector in order to initiate combat?)

many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played the game much, but I believe the answer to both questions is no, with perhaps some further explanation that for question 1, you may have to simply out of not having another option of where to put it. All the cards with the same title before the slash go together as a group on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the Sample Deck Play Guide, which I believe was produced by the game's publisher and so should be accurate. This is on page 11:

Quote:
Locations are “unique” only for each player. You can still play a unique location even if your opponent already has a copy of it in play. It is treated as a separate location.

So Tim is correct. The locations are considered separate locations in all regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

1.If my opponent has deployed Site/ Sector 'A' during their turn, when it comes to my deployment phase and I want to play exactly the same Site/ Sector, do I have to deploy my site/ sector next to its opponent-controlled

I know this has already been answered, but this part of it doesn't matter anyway, right? Since ships can travel to ANY sector with a movement, not just adjacent ones?
Learning this game at the same time as SWCCG and keeping the two rulesets separate has been a great brain teaser.
Annnd I just realized you were asking about sites in addition to sectors, so that explains that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.