Risk» Forums » General

Subject: Question about versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel V

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the "Collectors Tin" version of Risk. Does it have the map error?

And, today I saw that Target is selling a "library edition" on their website. The image for this version shows the old 70s gameboard that I grew up on. Is that the board included? What are the pieces like? Simple chits? The "caltrops"? Or are they little Napoleonic miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's this one. Representing armies would be wooden rectangular prisms.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/116925

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Ward
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tin version is a very good game, and the map does not have any border errors. In U.S. editions of Risk, border errors first occurred in the 1990 "Two Games in One: Risk/Castle Risk" edition and have popped up from time to time since.

Wood pieces were used in the 1959-1967 edition and the 1968 edition until about 1972, when plastic triangles were introduced. The wood pieces have made a recent comeback in the Nostalgia Edition (which has the original 1959-1974 board) and the Bookcase Edition (which has the 1975-1989 board).

Byron "More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About Risk" Ward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
   The new boards don't show a connection between East Africa and the Middle East, but it seems to me I remember one from when I was a kid. Don't know if this was intentional or not when the board was redone.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.