John gave a Description about the Contents of Mare Nostrum.
So, what is in the game:
1. Lots (5040) counters, front and back printed. One sheet is generic, the balance are mostly units, with a few stacking etc counters. These are about to go to press – and I do not want to put out “false” images of stuff – I will do pictures once we have them back from the printer. They include:
a. British, Empire and Commonwealth forces in the MTO, 1939-43
b. German forces in the MTO 1940-43, German invasion of Vichy France forces.
c. Italy 1939-43, excluding elements already published, and some assets in the Far East and the USSR.
d. Vichy France – excluding elements already published (the French Navy basically) and assets on Madagascar and in the Far East
e. Spain 1939-45
f. Portugal 1939-45
j. Eire 1939-45
k. USA deployed assets 1939-43 in the MTO and most of the ETO. This probably is short of some bits and we need to work up a naval OB which makes more sense for the stuff not in the MTO!
l. Turkey 1939-45
m. Various what if assets for assorted people – mostly the Italians, Germans and British.
2. 29 map segments. These cover from the Safi area in Morocco to Tehran area in Iran (East-West), Florence (approx) to Mombasa in Kenya. You get Spain and Portugal. The map if you lay it all out is basically a big T shape. It does split up into smaller areas so you can play the game modules without recourse to a large table.
3. Box. If they ever get the blasted template, it is strong enough for a man to stand on the corners and for it then not to crush. Art will be the tommies going over the top you have all seen on the web.
4. Modules. These are:
a. Grand Campaign – 1940-43 in Africa. You get to set it all up, and then fight the entire MTO/African campaign. Not small.
b. Graziani’s offensive – basically the big one without the outer areas.
c. Operation Compass – the British prove they have a CEV of 7 against the Italian 10th Army as a whole, and 3:1 locally!
d. Operation Sonnenblum – Rommel’s offensive (or reconnaissance in force) where the Germans prove they have a CEV of 3:1 over the 2 very underequipped and untrained Allied units.
e. Operation Exporter – the British teach the Syrian governor not to support the Iraqi revolt.
f. Iraq ’41 – the British quash the Iraqi revolt.
g. Iran = the British get to invade Persia.
h. Africa Orientale Italiano – The British and Italians go toe to toe to control East Africa
i. Operation Crusader – The British prove that even with defective tactics they
have a CEV of 1.5 against the combined Axis army – and then fail to conclude the destruction of the Axis
j. Operation Venezia - Rommel takes Tobruk and then fails to destroy the allied armies at Alamein.
k. El Alamein - Monty teaches the Germans and Italians that there really is no substitute for firepower...
l. Operation Torch – the USA finally gets into the fight in “Europe” by invading Vichy North Africa.
m. The German invasion of Vichy France. You must own Blitz to make this work as we are not doing mapping that far north in MN.
We hope to do more..... but that will depend on time.
5. Rules – about 130 pages all in.
6. Charts – 50 odd pages all in (this include play aids and the usual ones we need for the game)
7. 2 x D10 Chessex Dice
So, that is what we are doing with MN – not a small project – and this lot as listed above is what is off to press. Hope it tells you a lot more about what we have!