Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall the new versions components are great. However there is something they missed for sure. They mention that the put the number of coaches and ally's for each night convenient on the jack screen so you don't have to refer to the rules. But then they leave the right side of the screen blank and don't put the number of marked and unmarked wretches for each night. Therefore back to the rules we go every night. I don't get how they thought about making it easier by not looking in the rules for coaches and ally's but left one side blank of info and left out as important info....too bad. I guess they'll have to fix this with the 3rd rev after this one sells out in a couple years.

Love the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The components are definitely nice. That being said, I don't understand the complaint. You kill a wretch, you remove a wretch and a marked woman token from the game. It's really not that complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is putting on the screen the number of women, and the number of marked woman you setup each night just like at the beginning of every night you get a specific amount of coaches and allys, each night a different amount of total women/marked women are put out. I just didn't understand why they would put the number of allys/coaches on the left side of the screen but not put the number of women/marked woman each night on the right blank side of the screen since their point of doing so was to not have to refer to the rule book during play. A minor oversight, but they did a great thing on the left, and I am just pointing out they should have done this on the right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
You start the game using all of them. Every time there's a kill, just put one marked woman disc and one white wooden wretched pawn back in the box. Next turn, you use what's left. Wash, rinse, repeat, no need to remember anything.

EDIT: note the "every time there's a kill", because there are two kills on night 3, so you'd remove two marked discs and two pawns on that night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jared. This certainly helps and I'll do this from now on. My point was for the publisher to see this feedback for the next revision. They clearly stated their new components were made after hearing good feedback from the first version (changing clue token colors, new bigger shield, etc). Therefore my intent here was to help the publisher on their next print to add this to the empty side of the Jack Shield since they already put the coaches and allys on the other side. It would help a new player for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree with Dan. It SHOULD be easy to remember to drop a marked wretch token each time one is killed but for some reason I never do. So a reminder on the screen would have been useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
dkingnu wrote:
My point was for the publisher to see this feedback for the next revision.

True, they're printing that blank side anyway, so they might as well put it on there.

Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb

had earlier posted his player aid in this thread, but now it looks like the post was deleted. It looks very much like what you're envisioning for the right side of the screen.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72811/jack-set-up-play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you thta don't have the revised edition, here is what I'm talking about.

Here is the inside left side of the Jack Shield where they added the coach and allys for each night.

Here is the right inside that could (should) have had the number of women and marked women #'s.

It's just a suggestion and obviously they took suggestions into this revised edition so they probably will on future versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will you be doing a review on it? whistle

Edit: I've enjoyed the reviews you've done so far. (un)fortunately, a couple of games have made it to my wish list because of you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kirk for your kind words,
Seeing how I bought this one, I have to put it in the queue once all my review copies have been reviewed as I place publisher's review copies higher than my own personal collection in the review queue. Therefore unfortunately probably not for a month or so

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to get a very high review from me though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this new version this week. Can't wait to get it to the table. I have a couple of nephews that are going to LOVE this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.