Subject: Starting Player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Schneider
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great game and all, but with all the respect, the rule book is very poorly made

Is the starting player designated for the whole game? Starting player card remains at his side till the end? Or after each round starting player card is passed to next player, so that every new round there will be new starting player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Spillman
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same starting player through the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sur5al wrote:
Great game and all, but with all the respect, the rule book is very poorly made

Is the starting player designated for the whole game? Starting player card remains at his side till the end? Or after each round starting player card is passed to next player, so that every new round there will be new starting player?

Stays in place. Its only purpose is to define game end as it is played until all players have the same number of turns.

All game, player takes a turn and the player to his or her left goes next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book correctly does not discuss the passing of the start player marker because the start player never changes. How does a rule book being 100% correct indicate it is "poorly made"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
dcorban wrote:
The rule book correctly does not discuss the passing of the start player marker because the start player never changes. How does a rule book being 100% correct indicate it is "poorly made"?

I think "poorly made" means it's hard to find the information you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it would be difficult to find a rule that does not exist.

I looked all through the rulebook to see what I should do when I run out of cheese for my crackers. This rulebook sucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vanatteveldt vanatteveldt
msg tools
Well I agree with the rule book being flawed. The spread on information over the basic, advanced and full game is nice for learning it but makes really poor reference. IMHO they should have made a full explanation of all the rules for the full game, and offered the simpler games as an alternative rather than having to hunt and peck for the rules all over the place.

(but I was never confused about who was starting player ;-))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.