Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Got Caught Slipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Had my match with David a few days ago and he gave me quite the Beat Down. We started game 1 of our match with my Criminal deck going against his Jinteki deck. I had a great start as I stole a 2 point Agenda from his hand on turn 1 and then stole a Priority Requisition from his R&D on turn 2 for a 5-0 lead. Things slowed down for the next few turns as I ran on his HQ and R&D several times with no success. I ran a few Bank Jobs on a Pad Campaign he had unprotected, so I had plenty of credits, a full rig of Ice Breakers and protection against Tags, Meat Damage, and 1 Net Shield. Things were looking very good as I always made sure to have at least 4 cards in my hand when I made a run. I got hit by a few Snares but I always had enough cards and the Net Shield to withstand it. Around turn 5 David started building a remote server with 2 unrezzed Ice on it. On Turn 6, he installed a card in that server. I thought of running on it, but had a Maker's Eye in hand and I was sure I could snatch the winning Agenda from R&D or his HQ. I whiffed on R&D and ran HQ 3 times as he had a full 5 cards in hand. On his next turn he quickly put 3 Advancement Tokens on the card installed in his Remote Server. I had a funny feeling it might be a trap and even told David that. He kept a great poker face and I tried to decide what to do.

I have a 5-0 lead, so it doesn't really hurt me to let him score ONE agenda. If I ignore that server this turn, I will know for sure on his next turn, because he will either score it or let it just sit there and then I will know for sure it is a trap. At this point I wished so bad that I had not lost all of my Infiltration cards to those stupid Snares I hit earlier. I ran 3 times on his HQ without success. I still had 4 cards in hand and if there is an Agenda in that server, then I win by Shut Out and at the very worst will have a tie for the match if I get shut out in the 2nd game. My mind is racing, let me think, if it is a trap, I think the worst it could do is 4 Net Damage which I can handle. Oh well, no guts no glory, for my 4th click I tell David I am running on that server. I have to give lots of credit to David here, instead of just letting me through both pieces of Ice, he rezzes them both with this painful look on his face as I have just enough credits to make it through. I did have this foreboding feeling as sweat is pouring off of David's face. I pay my credits and tell him I am going through the 2nd piece of Ice. He starts screaming and making these funny pew pew pew noises like he is shooting a gun. He flips over Project Junebug and yells, "6 Net Damage YOU LOSE". I had completely forgot that Project Junebug does 2 NET DAMAGE for each Advancement Token on it. I slowly count the cards in my hand and look over my Rig. With my cards and 1 Net Shield I can only prevent 5 Net Damage. OUCH, great win David. Very nicely set up and played. After a hundred games of never being Flat Lined that is 2 weeks in a row in League matches that I have been knocked out cold. Oh well, time for game 2 of our match.

My HB against David's Shaper Deck. This game was not near as exciting as the first one. I scored an early Agenda for a 2-0 lead then David stole 3 in a row to go up 5-2. I scored one more to make it 5-4 and thought I had a chance as I had a really strong Remote Server with lots of credits but David ran on R&D and got the Agenda for the win 7-4. David won the entire match 20-9 giving him 6 more points in the standings. Great match and very well played David. Hopefully we will play again before the league is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
;-) nice. Jinteki mind games.

But... um... you've played 100 games and never been Scorched?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
;-) nice. Jinteki mind games.

But... um... you've played 100 games and never been Scorched?

Yes the week before in a League Match against a guy playing NBN, I got Scorched with a full Rig of Icebreakers, lots of credits and only 2 cards in my hand. That was my first time being Flatlined for a loss. I had been Scorched several times by Weyland and NBN decks in previous games but always had enough cards in hand or cards in play that prevented Meat Damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.