Subject: Do i dive in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have done some research into this title as theme, the minis, and style of gameplay is right up my street. Having read a little of the purported rules problems, but not really getting the full picture, i am holding fire. Are there players out there that play this as written, and have fun with it, or, is it that much badly broken to be unplayable as is??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the opposite extreme to GeneStealer. Ive been trying to make it work from the get go and am having a hard time. Im in the wait and see and be hopeful camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ray. I am happy to put up with lots of rules problems if it is a fun games session. ie tannhauser , fortune and glory. Also when its crap playing the 1 dimensional baddies, ala space hulk, descent 2nd ed, last nite on earth etc. So i am thinking a semi duff ruleset for a cool looking sedition may not put me off. Eventually probably maybe gonna leap lemming stylie!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, the sensible voice of reason Seth. Taking one pace back as i type!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since the new ruleset update I haven't been able to play it with anyone but the solo games I've run of it (to get a feel) were great. Much better IMO. I find it to be a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the minis and the style. I like the idea.

I don't like the obvious lack of playtesting and balancing.

I'm not selling my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wait till they manage to publish a proper ruleset including balanced scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least there is no middle ground! We have, hold on and see if it improves. Or, enjoying it. No, getting rid of the rubbish don't bother.

51% in favour of getting so far i think. painting will take some time anyway i guess. Keep the opinions coming thou please, appreciate all your feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
Well since the new ruleset update I haven't been able to play it with anyone but the solo games I've run of it (to get a feel) were great. Much better IMO. I find it to be a fun game.

Did they publish solo rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No solo rules, yet. Neither the "everything Biohazard" scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass on it till they get the rules playable. I have it and have not touched it since I got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkson wrote:
Pass on it till they get the rules playable. I have it and have not touched it since I got it.

I guess that's how many owners handle the situation. I touched and played it and put it aside frustrated. This is my worst Kickstarter experience so far. The cardboard tiles and tokens are the worst quality I've seen in any boardgame in the last 30 years and the rules are neither fixed nor balanced nor easily accessible or consistent. After burning so many early adopters with such an unfinished and unpolished product I don't see the Sedition Wars franchise to become a hit. I guess the minis and the terrain set will be used in other (more enjoyable) Sci-Fi games, the limited edition stuff sold as soon they reach the backers and the rest of the box will be thrown away.

And BTW, after dumping 220US$ on this it's such a lame joke to ask the backers for another 3$ for a printed new rulebook that is already outdated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd say 'wait' -- not 'don't get it it ever'

If UniversalHead (I LOVE YOU, MAN!!) is frustrated by the current state of the rules, I'd suggest waiting.

If money is burning a hole in your pockect, INCURSION will be starting it's K/S campaign, I beleive around the August 1st or so.

This game will be around and there is an active player community pouring input into the rules.

At some point it'll be ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back up a sec here, when did Cool Minis or Studio Mcvey ask Kickstarter backers for $3 for a replacement rule book? Did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys really do care about the game and the rules, how about you register on the forum, and provide input and feedback to SMV?

They are specifically soliciting backer input to make the game better.

So please help out and pitch in, rather than simply bellyaching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kent:

This came out about a week ago. If you go to your pledge in the CMoN KS pledge manager (CKPM), you can unlock it to add terrain sets ($30 each) and/or rulebooks ($3 each).

/John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
Kent:

This came out about a week ago. If you go to your pledge in the CMoN KS pledge manager (CKPM), you can unlock it to add terrain sets ($30 each) and/or rulebooks ($3 each).

/John

I went there and don't see where you can unlock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They already quit allowing you to unlock it. I guess the unannounced time period for adding terrain or rules has expired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
So please help out and pitch in, rather than simply bellyaching.

You're right. Helping to make things better is usually the better choice than complaining. But in this case I had to express my dissapointment as a customer who feels to have wasted a big chunk of $ that could have made me gaming wise happier if I'd bought other stuff. SMV refused any gamer insight beforehand and is now stumbling around with no clear vision.

I respect and salute the energy and faith of those fans that still stick to the game and try to make it better. I followed the whole rule evolution on the SMV-web page and I can't say that the game looks now more finished than it was half a year ago. And its not just the rules: the 3D graphics of the board is a constant source of "Line of Sight" and "can I move there?" discussions. And there are some other physical game component issues that will be there regardless of the rules.

I'll stop venting now and try to sell all usable parts of the game to mitigate my loss. I really hope all your energy you put into this game pays off and leads to a solid rule set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there really is an overwhelming amount of dont buy...yet's, out there. Thanks guys.

Have there been any boardgame kickstarter successes??
Not that ive own it, or played it, but Zombicide seems about the closest, and opinion is divided on that to an extent, with the hit your own guys 1st rule and the limited replayability issues arising also.

I know im safe with the upcoming incursion kickstarter, as i own everything already and the rules are tight, the theme and gameplay is exceptionally kickarse! Grindhouse can have my money again for the pimped out new set, no question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am looking forward to the Incursion project. I also own the game, figs and Snafu expansion, but the new plastics and boxed expansion version of Snafu ensure I'll dive into this one.

As for board game kickstarter successes? I think Dread Ball came out well. Delivered pretty much on time, the game (in my opinion) is fun. The figures are okay, some folks have had issues with flash, I have been happy with mine.

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
They already quit allowing you to unlock it. I guess the unannounced time period for adding terrain or rules has expired.

That's... disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
jakecarol wrote:

That's... disappointing.

It was an interesting decision to not announce they were allowing it, and another interesting decision to stop allowing it as word of mouth spread the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't understand this at all. You would think they'd have made an Update announcing the window. Especially as this is CMoN unlocking or not. Strange

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:

This was a bug in the CKPM and was fixed few days later:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-w...

And the closing date was announces in this update, too:
"This closes July 26th, Friday, as we'll be printing packing slips from then."

One of the comments on this update mentions an interesting page though:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/7822-cmon-shop-update-...
"New and improved Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster with better packaging and premium tiles! Get your now!"
What could this mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.