Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up to Trial 3, and I'm confused. What are adventure challenges? In this trial, does this only refer to the challenges in an enemies base, seeing as there are no labyrinths in play? Does this also refer to labyrinths when playing a normal full game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct: Adventures take place in all of the Labyrinths included in any one mission. All of them take place in the Adventure Phase of any player's turn. They include adventure challenges in both Team Bases; Lith's Lair; the Alliance key; and each of the Age (and Alt Age) keys.

(I believe the Encounter chips also count as Adventures since they resolve in the Adventure Phase, but those are not resolved by drawing from the Challenge deck as are the others.)

Different game scenarios will offer different combinations of Keys, and most games would not include all of the available keys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do characters enter during the reinforce phase? So for the first turn, is it literally just two reinforce phases? Also the whole off-map respect thing is kind of weird/confusing. I hate this rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing a house rule that the first official turn (Team White brings on his Character, then Team Black brings on his first wave of Characters) counts as Turn Zero.

Turn One begins when that first Team White Character begins her Free Action phase, then Fires / Moves / Melees / Adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kobayashi
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the way I read the rule book, turn 1 consists just the reinforce phase for both teams. It doesn't really matter whether you house rule this as turn 0 or not, it just makes the game 1 turn longer, which is totally acceptable.

Rather than figuring out the off-map respect thing, refer to the order of reinforcement listed in page 16 of the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The DoA II tutorials in the resources section of the official website also has a great extended example of how reinforcement works. Give it a shot one you work through the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
I'm up to Trial 3, and I'm confused. What are adventure challenges? In this trial, does this only refer to the challenges in an enemies base, seeing as there are no labyrinths in play? Does this also refer to labyrinths when playing a normal full game?
An adventure challenge is one where you use the cards to see how you did instead of just compare value with the encounter disk. So kinda everything you can do in the adventure phase except flipping encounters.
spunXtain wrote:
Where do characters enter during the reinforce phase? So for the first turn, is it literally just two reinforce phases? Also the whole off-map respect thing is kind of weird/confusing. I hate this rule book.
Yeah, in the beginning of the first phase you have no characters out so the other phases have no actions.

I'm too tired to pull everything out now but it's something like team white brings out a 9, team black brings out and two eights, team white bring out two six and a five, team black brings out a 2s and 3s.

Or whatever.

In each time it's the reinforcement phase you bring out all characters with the same or higher respect than the highest over at the enemy side which haven't been placed yet. It's not hard at all.

When you place them you draw a challenge card, check the dome color and place it in any dome of that color which doesn't already have a character in it. If there is none you pick any dome. (And if there was no free dome it would have to wait until there was any, at a movement phase you must walk out of a dome if you are in one.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Joanne

1. Characters cannot stay in a Dome. They must move out during their Move phase. Also, no character can enter a Dome space. So, a character who just came onto the map in a Dome cannot have an enemy melee them (they couldn't have stayed there and could not have moved back in).

2. Yes, no damage caused, no matter what the Damage rating of the weapon is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.