Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorin Thompson
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello! My Father and I have been designing our first board game entitled Fortress Moon. It's a 2-4 player game set in a Retro 1950's Future. For all the info on the storyline, etc check out www.fortressmoon.com

Here are some pictures of the board, cards, etc.

And here are some Sculpts of our Units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you have a solid team when it comes to artwork, the art looks spectacular and very thematic as well. The sculpts look equally as impressive. I didn't delve to deep into the website because I am at work currently, and vids/etc are blocked. But it seems to be an area control with units type game, similar in vein to a RISK type. Good Luck with the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorin Thompson
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

The artists working on the cards currently work in comics, they started in the 90's with DC/Marvel stuff. It was kinda random how we met them, but they became interested in the project. Fate I guess haha!

And you right it's kinda like Risk, kinda like Axis & Allies, stuff like that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thoughts in 5 minutes of observation (or less)

-It seems like a lot of work and love put into the project so far. So much so I'm surprised I haven't found out a lot about the gameplay. Some sort of area control, combat game set on the moon that involves card variable power card play. An elevator pitch type thing might work for anywhere you want to write a little blurb about your game (I really don't want to have to click around for a half hour or watch more than 1-2 videos and/or look you up on facebook/youtube). Otherwise I would expect something more comprehensive before considering backing a Kickstarter project.

-The moon map looks awesome but the color scheme + the small and numerous regions outlined in white hurt my eyes trying to distinguish between them. Add figures and I can only assume this will turn into an absolute nightmare.

-Is that mustache you have in the video real?

-1950's Retro Future is a nice way to keep the space genre fresh, works with the artwork quite well.

-The miniatures also look great, as a production-side concern, they look a little too detailed. How easy is it going to be to reproduce those mass quantity?

-The card thing makes me nervous. Many here would not be interested in another game that's essentially Munchkin in space. So it may be necessary to say that your cards aren't terribly random or prone to luck, that they aren't too swingy, and they aren't all gang-up-on-the-leader, kingmaking, "get him, he's winning" type of style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorin Thompson
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Aaron! First off! Yes, my mustache is real haha! I'm glad you like the artwork and minis. I wouldn't be too nervous about the cards, none of them through-out our play testing appeared to be any of what you described above.

For example, there's a Movement Card (which means it can only be used in a Movement Phase, and I won't go into all that detail here) called Jet Packs which can be used on 1 zone on the board that has Infantry Units. Those units then can move twice their normal rate (aka 2 zones) in that turn.

That's just one example. So their kinda like strategic helpers haha! And you can as the Earth Invaders you can only use 1 card for an entire turn, so you'd have to choose wisely. The Lunar Colonists get to use up to 3 and possibly more if that reclaim any Mine-bases on their turn, but only up the 5.

We'll be explaining gameplay more in a some new videos soon. So be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you're interested in finding out more.

http://www.youtube.com/plus1hammer

As far as the Moon Map goes, though most of the design is finalized in the sense that I'm not redesigning the whole board, certain aesthetics may change, like color schemes or what not.

Hope that answered some questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.