A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power Token Clarification Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the law
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I do not know for sure when I receive a power token.

1)If I place a power token in an area with a crown, do i get a power token once per turn? -I thought no but some people I play with disagree

2)Can I place an CP order token on places with a power token and NO troops -I thought no but some people I play with disagree

3) I player only gets power tokens if they have a ship in port and no enemy ships in the boarding sea zone and if they place a CP order token on a place that has a unit. The player would get 1 power token if no crown icon was present on the area, 2 power tokens if there was 1 crown icon, and 3 power tokens in kings landing. -This is what I play by and my understanding of the rules.

-Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcappuzz wrote:

1)If I place a power token in an area with a crown, do i get a power token once per turn? -I thought no but some people I play with disagree

2)Can I place an CP order token on places with a power token and NO troops -I thought no but some people I play with disagree

3) I player only gets power tokens if they have a ship in port and no enemy ships in the boarding sea zone and if they place a CP order token on a place that has a unit. The player would get 1 power token if no crown icon was present on the area, 2 power tokens if there was 1 crown icon, and 3 power tokens in kings landing. -This is what I play by and my understanding of the rules.

-Thanks for your help!

1) No, PT on area only keeps control when you have no units there.
2) Unit is required to place any order.
3) True for 1-3 PT per area. Not sure what you mean with port? When you place CP order on land area you simply get 1-3 PT. In port CP gives you 1 PT, but only if surrounding sea doesn't have enemy unit. CP on sea gives you nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcappuzz wrote:

-Thanks for your help!

1) no. Placing a power token is just to establish control over the area, which means that you control this area even though you don't have units there. This has nothing to do with gaining power token.

2) again: no. Orders are ONLY placed in areas where there is at least one UNIT.

3) This is correct. Except that you also need a CP order for ships in order to receive a power token. You also receive power tokens through certain Westeros Cards. Check them, you will see.

ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcappuzz wrote:

The answers above are correct, you do not get a power token each turn, but you DO get a power token (or 2 from King's Landing) for each crown you have under your control, both with units and/or power tokens, when Game of Thrones is revealed during the Westeros Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Thompson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) Order Tokens are just what they sound like. The are tokens that you give to units so that they have orders or what they are to do that round. So you are not to place Order Tokens on a space where there are no units to order around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.