United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
When I look at a user's collection and then filter it, it remains filtered (this is a change from past behavior) even if I close the page and then load that user's collection later.

Filtering also stays sticky if I search within that user's collection for a specific game. (This is a change from previous behavior as well.) For example, if I've filtered a user's collection and then decide I want to search for a game within their collection regardless of whether it falls within my current filtering, searching for that game brings up nothing until I manually revert all the filters to default.

Worse yet, the previous search is stickied: if I load up or refresh a user's collection after a search within their collection, their "collection" consists only of the results of my last search. I have to manually perform a blank search in the Search field to view the whole collection (subject to the previously described sticky settings filtering).

This seems a bit overboard. Is it intentional?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb

Still having this problem ...

To summarize: if I search in my collection for "war", then my collection shrinks to 71 entries.

If I close the page and come back to my collection later. Even clicking on the BGG "My Collection" link doesn't load my full collection. It just loads my previous filtering of my collection—in this case, my search for "war". War never changes.

Previous searches in collections are apparently eternally sticky. To get the full list, I have to manually clear each filter, then do a blank search in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
This has been spectacularly and silently fixed. It now works better than before, if I’m not mistaken.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I haven't had time to look into this, but if it's working for you now, great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Okay ... broken again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a similar note (apologies if hijacking, just searched and this is similar to my query too, although almost opposite) when I look at my own collection, I would like the Average Rating to be displayed, as well as the Geek Rating. So I want something to be "sticky" rather than unsticky!

By default, the Average Rating is not visible. So when I add this column, click save at the bottom, all good. But then when I come back to the geek the next day (for example), the displayed columns have reset and the Average Rating column has disappeared.

Anyway I can make it stay by default? Is there an option I am missing? Or is this part of the same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.