9 Posts

King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: 65 or 66 cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cny cny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got my King of Tokyo earlier today, and with gleeful delight opened it upand started to check its content. I soon noticed that the content descriptions in the rulebook mentions 66 cards, but I only counted to 65. Is this a typo, was one card removed due to balance issues, or might I have gotten an incomplete set of cards? Is there a list somewhere with the original 66, so I can see which I've missed out on? Furthermore, has any of you experienced something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just counted mine and noticed that I had sleeved two cards into one sleeve.. Hello Gourmet!

Oh, wait, now I counted 67. I must be too tired.. snore

Edit: Yes, I have 66 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found when I first opened my set that a number of the cards were stuck together.

Make sure you've not just got two cards that appear to be one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K-Fresh
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
FULL METAL JACKAL
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an Excel file with a list of all the cards:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70084/king-of-tokyo-card-r...

When I got my copy, it had duplicates of six cards (besides the two -- Extra Head and Evacuation Orders -- that are intended to have duplicates) and was missing six others.

I contacted Iello and they sent out the right ones for free. They sent me another wrong one the first time they tried, but eventually everything worked out.

I still have those extra cards, so post which one you're missing here -- I might have it.

--K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Great, now I've got to go check my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cny cny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the Excel file.

It seems that I am missing the Commmuter Train. I appreciate the offer if you have one, but I live in Scandinavia, which might make shipping bothersome; I'll just contact Iello and see what they can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaminder Dhillon
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the promo cards and I needed to make sure. Does anyone else have two Unstable DNA cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Karlos the Jackal wrote:
Here's an Excel file with a list of all the cards:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70084/king-of-tokyo-card-r...

When I got my copy, it had duplicates of six cards (besides the two -- Extra Head and Evacuation Orders -- that are intended to have duplicates) and was missing six others.

I contacted Iello and they sent out the right ones for free. They sent me another wrong one the first time they tried, but eventually everything worked out.

I still have those extra cards, so post which one you're missing here -- I might have it.

--K

What is the source of this file, and does it include promo cards? If so, how are those identified, out of curiosity? Thanks!

The last 11 cards (rows 67 to 77) are promo cards.

And, in reference to your previous post, there are only two cards that should be duplicated - Extra Head, and Evacuation Orders.

However, that said, this is one of those games that just doesn't work with some people/groups but does with others.

All the players have to be able to get into the spirit of the game, and not take it too seriously.

So, you'll probably find even if you had the correct cards your group still wouldn't like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K-Fresh
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
FULL METAL JACKAL
mbmbmbmbmb
lstcanoy wrote:
It seems that I am missing the Commmuter Train. I appreciate the offer if you have one, but I live in Scandinavia, which might make shipping bothersome; I'll just contact Iello and see what they can do.
Yeah, I don't have that one, anyway. Best of luck with Iello; they were pretty friendly when I dealt with them.

--K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.