Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth Game: Metro

Clint really enjoyed our first game of Metro. He enjoyed it so much that he wanted to play another game despite finishing in last place. Becky was ready for another break and was going to sit this one out. Since I wanted to play purple and needed five for that, I begged her enough that she agreed to play with us again. I very much appreciated that gesture on her part.

This game started out pretty much the same as the previous one. There were quite a few turns of players trying to jockey for some initial position as well as plugging up a few initial stations for those playing against you. Unlike the last game, I was never really able to put anything much together. In fact, relatively early in the game, most of my stations were closed out. I did manage to hold onto one and nurse it along for quite a while. Unfortunately, I was never quite able to punch through and make a big connection to the center. In the end, I came close to having it taken away from me but was finally able to make the connection. I picked up 16 points off the play, which really helped out a lot, but it was really too little and being right at the end, was way too late. Clint, however, had an excellent sophomore game. In addition to several nice scoring opportunities, he managed a pair of middle sized connections to the center of the board. This really pushed him over the top. As for Becky, it became clear that her mind really was not in this game.

Final Result: (parentheses are totals for both games)

Clint -- 49 (88)
Christine -- 44 (86)
Stephen -- 36 (77)
Dwight -- 32 (82)
Becky -- 30 (73)

Clint ended up doing quite well in this second game. If you add the scores for the two games together, Clint has the highest score, despite finishing last in the first game. In addition, he enjoyed the game enough to purchase a copy for himself shortly afterwards. As for me, I found myself warming to a game that a little while back I found myself cooling to. I may have to go back and revisit my rating soon. The total game time was again just under an hour.

12/31/2005

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.