Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pierce
United States
salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a card game I made recently. It's a bluffing direct agression game about gangsters or something. Lemme know if this is something that's already been done better.

SET-UP
Shuffle a single standard card deck and deal out 3 cards to each player. they may look at these cards.

Decide who goes first by having each player reveal one card from their hand. Highest wins.

place cards face up on the table equal to the number of players plus 1 to form the starting draft. Starting with first player, players take turns picking one card from the table at a time. When there are no cards remaining, draw another starting draft of the same size and continue until all players have 7 cards in hand.

Any remaining cards in the draft are discarded. Draw 4 new cards face up next to the draw pile. This constitutes the draft pile.

Each player may pick up to 3 cards from their hand to place face down in front of them. these cards represent the player's personal guard. The cards remaining in the player's hand represent the player's hitmen.

PLAYER TURN
On your turn you may play 1 card from your hand. This card may be played as an attack, which uses the card's number, or played sideways for it's ability, which uses the cards suit.
If it isn't killed, the card you play remains in front of you, and the next card is played on top of it. If you start your turn with no cards you may take back the pile of hitmen.

-Attacking-
If you play a card as an attack, select one GUARD character in front of another player. That player secretly shows you the card. If your attacking card has a higher number, the guard is killed and discarded. If lower, your attacking card is killed and discarded, if a tie, both are discarded. Aces kill Kings.

-ABILITIES-
Each suit has a different ability. You'll probably want to write these down for all the players to see, or if I get enough interest I can make a printable ref sheet myself and share it.

HEARTS: switch one of your guards with an opponent's guard

SPADES: Add +5 to your next attack (up to rank KING)

CLUBS: Switch a card from your hand with a card in your guard

DIAMONDS: Take a card from the draft and add it to your hand. (add a card from the draw pile to the draft after)

WINNING AND LOSING
If you find yourself without any personal guards and you are attacked, you are out. If all of your hitmen are killed, you might as well give up, but you don't have to.
Last player standing wins.

••••••••••••

I can see this game benefitting from having variants, which wouldn't be hard because all I'd have to do is trade out the suit abilities for new ones. Maybe even have it so each player has his own personalized set of abilities.

I'm sure this post isn't very enticing without any art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loomis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sakket wrote:
I'm sure this post isn't very enticing without any art.

Sadly true of nearly any [WiP] style thread on BGG, but you did get me to save it and read it because of the word "Goon" in the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.