Subject: Has anyone hear played "Lord of the Rings Co-Op"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Kickerz
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I am thinking about buying this game used. I would appreciate you opinions of the game so that I can make a more informed decision. The only cooperative game I have really played is Shadows over Camelot -which was a lot of fun- and Pandemic -which I own-. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a Co-Op, it's more a wargame.
Maybe you were talking about this one: Lord of the Rings ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainer Knizia's Lord of the Rings coop game is an excellent one and was my favorite Tolkien-themed game before War of the Ring. Despite having rather abstract mechanics, it captures the feeling of the quest to destroy the ring pretty well. I certainly recommend it if you like coop games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also really enjoyed The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, if you aren't turned off by LCGs. It can play 1 to 4 players cooperative. Very cool scenarios, great art, and interesting deck building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The co-op by Knizia was a total snoozer for us. Love co-ops and love Lord of the Rings and even like a lot of Knizia games and bought all of the expasnions for this co-op - hated it. There is no strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WoR the Board game has a coop mode in it but its wonky. I would not recommend coop. The game shines 2 player 1v1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Kickerz
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
atraangelis wrote:
WoR the Board game has a coop mode in it but its wonky. I would not recommend coop. The game shines 2 player 1v1.

I don't think you understood the question. The question was given in regards to this game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/823/lord-of-the-rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.