Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Quarriors!» Forums » General

Subject: any ideas how to fill the "cavities" (numbers etc.) on the dice with colour? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

a few of my dice have no colour in their cavities which makes it hard to read. Do you have any experience with filling these cavities with colours?

I remember the old D&D German first eidtion sporting wax crayons to fill the cavities on the supplied dice. Would that be an idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heyyouyeahyou 12
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I have ever done was with one of my Seasons dice. It was missing some of the white around the edge so I went to Micheal's and bought a white paint pen and filled in the missing area. Worked PERFECT! I highly recommend that, though those dice are far large, so your mileage may very.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply fill with acrylic paint using a brush, then I quickly wipe off excess paint by sliding the die surface across a piece of soft paper or stiff cloth on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hagen
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw something similiar done with Sugru:

http://sugru.com/guides/how-to-replace-and-fix-worn-off-lett...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horton
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I painted mine with white acrylic as others have said and it worked fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Back in the old days, assuming that the cavities had been indented deep enough, you could rub a crayon over that area of the dice, then rub off the excess and you had a filled in cavity. I am not too sure that these dice are cut deep enough for that, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the pieces of advice, I guess I will start with a crayon and then use acrylic colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a professional artist and I would go with Mik's advice it has always worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.