Popular Tags: [View All]
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was disappointed to see you could use a scheme card to add a favour token to a gladiator.

It cheapens the value of winning a fight in the arena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 copies in the whole 200-card deck. Is it so bad? I see it as the Dominus making propaganda, distributing pamphlets, the gladiator making a show in the main square, etc.

It does not sound so unreasonable to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Nushura. However, you could always remove those cards from the deck if you really don't like them. Personally, I am not a fan of changing the rules, but looking at some people's variants here and for other games, it's not unreasonable to make a few changes if it suits you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also not much a fan of changing rules

Its not a show stopper or anything, just thinking aloud really. Didnt know how many of those cards there were in the deck - only played two games so far, and with intrigue cards from the base and expansion, you have a lot of cards to play through.

I'm fine with everything else you get from intigue cards, I just reckon you should earn the token. Especially since they are fairly powerful (someone is going to take a hit if they thumb you down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found thoses cards perfectly fine, and absolutely thématiques.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would only really matter if you manage to get a top draw Glad in the market then give him a favour, but then would the host ask you to take part in the games?

Maybe you could put it on a weaker Glad, take the gold and lose him in a fight!

Doesn't seem over powered to me, but it might to some

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
The plebs are fickle creatures! Can't see any problems with it after all if you don't like it play a reaction card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.