Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
A lot of people have posted wondering what caused Prosperity to have both my and Reiner Knizia's names on the cover.

I do a lot of work with Reiner, primarily in the form of design discussions - creating initial concepts, discussing potential solutions to problems, and providing my views on what the game wants to become. However Reiner does the 'heavy lifting' of prototype creation, managing the playtesting, and has the final say on the direction, and so rightly gets the author credit.

Prosperity followed a slightly different route. It was born in a brainstorming session in which Reiner and I were thinking about the degree to which economies were driven by energy. In that and subsequent discussions, I ended up with a clearer idea of the initial game direction, so we agreed to experiment with shared development.

The experiment worked as well as we had hoped, and as a result Prosperity has shared authorship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to see what you came up with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the behind-the-scenes explanation; looking forward to this title. Seems intriguing - hoping to add it to my Christmas list (it'll for sure be out in the US by Christmas....right??)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Getting excited to see the game released Sebastian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats Sebastian. I can't imagine NOT working with a designer partner. Its the best. Nice job with your first two coop credits, Keyflower and now a Knizia Ystari!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.