Subject: What a Ride! Thank you Queen Games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Project successfully funded!

What an amazing ride! We raised just over 198k but didn't manage to unlock the last two SG. We have everything included up to the Double Sided Fire Tile for FREE in the premium box!

And the best news, QG has kindly included the last two SG as a thank you for its loyal backers. You guys are great!

Just wanted to use this thread as a big thank you for listening and responding to the feedback and changing this Kickstarter around into one of the best roller coaster rides I have ever been on.

Can't gratulate you guys (and gals, I'm not forgetting Nikki) for such a great project and successful KS. Can't wait to play the finished product with the double sided tiles

Cheers folks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena S
msg tools
I just woke up and cheked the KS updates. WHat an amazing surprise to wake up to. Funded $198,232 and unlocked the doube sided burnt tiles Excellent. Im very pleased.

And then to find out that Nikki is giving the last two strech goals for free. Even better. I bet thats kinda of a kick in the teeth for some people who were very anti-DDD (you know who you are). you know who you are

Im so glad I stuck to this Kickstarter.

THANK YOU QG and especially DAVID. My family and I are very much looking forward to playing your game when released

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
BabyPower wrote:

Im so glad I stuck to this Kickstarter.

Yep Im glad I stuck with this too. Had to filter out the negativity of some of the naysayers here who seemed like they were out to sabotage the project. It's definitely a middle finger up to them with the Stretch Goals we've reached and the funding raised, very pleased.

I'm extremely happy with what I'm getting in the box at this time, amazing value for money at my pledge level.

Cheers to all you fellow backers for helping us all unlock the final SGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
BabyPower wrote:

And then to find out that Nikki is giving the last two strech goals for free. Even better. I bet thats kinda of a kick in the teeth for some people who were very anti-DDD (you know who you are). you know who you are

You are kidding right? The negative folk are just going to say, "this proves the stretch goals were false, QG never really needed the money, the game is already at the printers, etc etc."

People will always find the worst in something.

Personally, I am very happy to have backed. I was pleased to get the colour dice, so everything beyond that is just gravy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been both a great learning experience and an amazing ride from the word go. what a great sight to see when I woke up we reached almost 200k!
Truly thanks to all your great support along the way.
I want to thank you all for beleiving in the project and hope to at least see some of you at Essen for a chat and a German beer/whiskey/cappucino/you name it.

3 cheers for the survivor team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
BabyPower wrote:

You are kidding right? The negative folk are just going to say, "this proves the stretch goals were false, QG never really needed the money, the game is already at the printers, etc etc."

Personally, I am very happy to have backed. I was pleased to get the colour dice, so everything beyond that is just gravy.

Too true

Haters gotta hate, I suppose (in fact theres a thread just above mine they can go to)

TBH I was happy with just the extra dice, anything more was just a bonus.

In my opinion, this is a great value for money what Im getting, very pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
ausloosd wrote:
It has been both a great learning experience and an amazing ride from the word go. what a great sight to see when I woke up we reached almost 200k!
I want to thank you all for beleiving in the project and hope to at least see some of you at Essen for a chat and a German beer/whiskey/cappucino/you name it.

David, I can't wait for your game which you have worked so hard for passed 7 years to hit our table. These next few months are going to be torturous, but the knowledge that there'll be sooo many stretch goals included makes it well worth the wait.

And THANK YOU so much for being a voice of stability through the negativity being produced by others.

Cheers mate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
Does it mean that we get the 200k and 210k items for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena S
msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
BabyPower wrote:

Yes I know exactly what you mean, the negativity was starting to get deafening, especially from one keyboard warrior in particular (who i think has been barred/suspended from posting on the DDD forum. good riddance).

Have to be honest, the negativty was starting to get to me and I was starting to doubt this project and back out. Soooo glad I didn't now with all im getting for my measly premium pledge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena S
msg tools
Andi2012 wrote:

Yes my dear Andi, yes it does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena S
msg tools
ausloosd wrote:

Thank you David

This will be my first monster game

xxx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "wild ride" summarizes it aptly! It had its ups and downs, but at the end, look at all the stuff we're getting! Quality components, fantastic game design, loads of extras? I'm happy!
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi K
msg tools
BabyPower wrote:
Andi2012 wrote:

Yes my dear Andi, yes it does

What a wonderful day!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
I think "wild ride" summarizes it aptly! It had its ups and downs, but at the end, look at all the stuff we're getting! Quality components, fantastic game design, loads of extras? I'm happy!
-ryanjamal

At face value it certainly seems like an excellent deal, but as with any Kickstarter, it is a leap of faith. The minis might be substandard, the components might not be great, the game might not hang together all that well...

I don't think any of those things will be true (and I certainly hope they aren't), but I keep my expectations modest if I back something, knowing that there is always a risk.

(Having said that... "Squee!" )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creator Queen Games about 6 hours ago

On behalf of everyone at Queen Games, thank you all for this, our largest Kickstarter campaign to date. As an additional thank you for your amazing support we are going to include the $200k and $210k stretch rewards in your Kickstarter Games. We will send out an update Monday and surveys will follow shortly thereafter.

Thank you again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody said that would happen....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
ryanjamal wrote:
-ryanjamal

At face value it certainly seems like an excellent deal, but as with any Kickstarter, it is a leap of faith. The minis might be substandard, the components might not be great, the game might not hang together all that well...

I don't think any of those things will be true (and I certainly hope they aren't), but I keep my expectations modest if I back something, knowing that there is always a risk.

(Having said that... "Squee!" ;) )

No! I shall not temper my expectations with caution, nor blunt my excitement with reason! DDD fo' eva! :-)
Just kidding. Good points. Luckily this is a leap of faith I feel pretty good about.
And agreed, squee!
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My children talked me off the ledge before I took the final leap. I was all in and they pulled me back. I feel pretty good about it. Hope the game does well and will likely pick it up later. They are right and I don't think it would hit our typical rotation and we have several other games coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Nappen wrote:
My children talked me off the ledge before I took the final leap. I was all in and they pulled me back. I feel pretty good about it. Hope the game does well and will likely pick it up later. They are right and I don't think it would hit our typical rotation and we have several other games coming.

Well I hope you pick up the game at retail if its to your liking. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out if/when the game turns out to be mega.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realy hope it does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard E. Markhardt
United States
Sandwich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gaslight wrote:
Project successfully funded!

And the best news, QG has kindly included the last two SG as a thank you for its loyal backers. You guys are great!

Where was this posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in comments section of KS project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekJen
Germany
flag msg tools
ausloosd wrote:

See you at Essen. Would you sign my copy of DDD?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, big thanks to David and QG for bringing us this game.

Also have to say I admire the way you could keep your cool with all the sabotage ongoing at some points during the KS. (I had more trouble at some times blush )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJen wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

See you at Essen. Would you sign my copy of DDD?

Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.