Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've proposed this before, but I figured why not post it as a variant in a separate thread.We've been playing this way for a long time now.

Whenever you play with the Mystery Beyond scenario, use the following rules for the end game:

1) When the first player reaches the scenario space, the game is not over.

Instead, all the remaining players are immediately teleported to the Warp Rift in the Inner Tier(players who are in the Inner Tier already, are also affected, and have to put their characters back on the Warp Rift space)

2)The Warp Rift stops functioning at this point. Any player at this point who doesn't have any relics is eliminated from the game.

3)The remaining players have to go through every space in the Inner Tier, resolving each one, regardless of meeting requirements for skipping.

4)Turns are resolved simultaneously so as not to give lead to any one player.

5)Any player who is vanquished or corrupted is eliminated.

6) Any and all players who reach the scenario space, share their victory with the leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that ending, especially since even with a low level and attributes of 6-8, good rolls could get you through in 1 piece to the confrontation space.

it is a great way to show players that they could have made a run for the middle sooner.

However, it potentially opens up the opposite effect where players might decide not to go for the middle, instead amass levels and attributes and wait for someone to do all the work for them. Then they share in victory. Why think about when is a good time to go for the inner tier if at some point you will be taken there automatically.

This variant would be great with confrontation amongst players on the end space.

Perhaps it might be better if when a player opens the warp rift, all other players are taken there as well. Then, all player go together through the inner tier and whoever survives wins.

This would probably cut playing time as well.

There might even be a true co-op variant where time was running out (let say 25 turns, and you would have a "doom track"). After 25 turns, all players are taken to the Guardian of the Rift, where those without a relic would fail and so all the players would lose the game. If everyone has a relic, the players would move together through the inner circle, they could choose 1 player out of the group to roll for the different inner spaces: A sort of " I am ultramarine, I will face Khorne", or the player with the least corruption would take 1 for the team on the Crone World Satari and get up to 3 corruption cards.

The victory condition could be: you win the game if all member of the party that entered the warp rift make it to the center space in the allocated time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea behind this variant is to allow a timeframe for the lagging players to catch up to the leader. So if a player is behind on relic acquisition, needs clearing away corruption, he still has some time to come in second place while the leader is going through the Inner Tier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls