Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Australia
MOUNT DANDENONG
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an interesting first run through the rules. A few mistakes I'm aware of but that I made but also had a couple unknowns come up.

1. Wall Repairs. Some events or Building can repair walls. Can walls which been destroyed be repaired, or only walls still in place with damage tokens?
2. Magic defenders. At start of activation a Spell card is drawn. If you don't use it, I assume it just gets wasted (ie it's only Range 1) and you defender can't "Save" it for later?
3. Defender deployment:
- Re having to deploy in Keep; I read this as: deploy's in center Keep cell. If a unit is already in this cell gradually fill up the outer four cells. Then I would assume you can fill up the cells outside the keep?
4. Defender deployment:
- I think "any space" includes the Castle Building spaces?
5. Range. I would assume this counts the same as movement; ie diagonals take 2 moves therefore count as 2 range?
6. Wasn't an issue for me since I didn't try but in games less than four players all four sides are in player, only some don't have a Player and don't count to Even Card limits? That is they're still walled, deployable and attackable.
7. With the number of Defender Event cards drawn I didn't Storm the Castle (that and messing up a bit) and found myself quickly overwhelmed near the end. Also wasn't sure exactly about the Defender Event cards drawn rules for less than four players, since there's both a fixed chart as well as the Sides + 1 rule.

That's all for now! Thanks in advance for answering!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I have not played this solo only in a 4-player convention play test. So these are the rules as I would interpret them and saw them played.

1. No only if a card replaces a wall will the wall be returned.

2. Correct defenders cannot save spells they are just discarded.

3.I would agree with your assumption.

4.I would agree with this also as long as there are no buildings in it.

5.yes

6.I'm not sure although I would assume since you can deploy your troops on all of the sides that they would be in play. Including counting for events and total of walls you need to destroy.

7. I don't know although it is important to start taking out walls as fast as you can because those event cards can be very nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
MOUNT DANDENONG
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent reply, thanks for confirming my suspicisions Logan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.