Subject: Casting curses with Sectarus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Sectarus cast the assigned curse without damaging an enemy? If yes, how is that handled? Do I have to use my mages action for that?

I'm not sold on Sectarus, especially with Vorpal Blade on the horizon. The couple of times I used Sectarus, the results were ok but not overwhelming considering the cost to cast it and the fact that you have to be in melee to use your familiar's action advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must damage an enemy in order to cast a curse with Sectarus on that opponent.

I'm still evaluating Sectarus. I like the idea of the card, but I'm still not completely sold on it either, since it's so expensive.

One benefit of Sectarus is that you can burn through Nullify/Reverse Magic without worrying about getting a curse reflected back at you. Sectarus is not a legal target for a curse like Ghoul Rot, so Reverse Magic is just an expensive Nullify if you curse them with Sectarus. Still, you need to land a melee attack in order for that to do you any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. The main problem is that I want the key curses rather fast on the enemy mage or stacking them from a distance. I usually pull Sectarus if the enemy has equiped the Dragonscale Hauberk. I can see the benefits for a non-fire/melee+curse based Warlock build (Necromancer??) but getting out Vorpal Blade will be just more practicable most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.