Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Any idea why my Chrome browser on a PC won't play any Vimeo videos and how do I fix it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal advice is make sure your using the most up-to-date browser and flash/viewer. You're not the only person to report a problem viewing videos.

Is this just on the site or Vimeo in general?

What about youtube?

Can you view these?

Youtube:

Vimeo:

Edit:
The user that reported the problem has now solved it. One of his chrome extension was blocking videos - might this be the same for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I can play the top one but not the bottom one. I click on play and it says, "Aw Snap! The video can't be played with your current setup"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Bugs.

What about a Chrome add-ons/extension blocking the site? You might want to turn these off and retry just to see if that has an effect.

From Chrome help-

Quote:
Temporarily disable extensions

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Tools.
Select Extensions.
On the Extensions page, unselect the "Enabled" checkbox for the extension you'd like to temporarily remove.
Go back to your list of extensions at any time to re-enable disabled extensions. You may need to refresh the page in order to use extensions that you've re-enabled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Liam,
Disabled each extension but the Vimeo still won't play. Thanks for trying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Found the culprit (for anyone else who might have this problem). Culprit was my K9 internet filter. It blocks by default vimeo.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for getting back and reporting

This will hopefully help someone else out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Hill
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm having the same issue. It's infuriating. I've spent almost 2 hours enabling flash, disabling, always allowed, extensions, etc. and nothing has worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.