Subject: Session: Fido gets screwed up many times rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yesterday night we played a 5 player game for the first time with hazards and rewards... since there was a first timer in the group we didn't play with flares and tech cards...

The alien for this game where as follows:
Lance (me): orange - Fido
Mr zero (first timer): black - leviathan
mace: blue - trickster
Fulland: yellow - symbiote
fulland's girlfriend: purple - guerilla

with this combination of powers i thought that for me would have been an impossible win unless i could make friends thanks to my power... hazards won't really help me though devil

i said to them that the hazard deck can work in two ways depending on their initial choice: they said play with hazards every encounter!
And so we did:

First turn:

A) black starts the game draws a blue and the sargasso web hazard - nice beginning for me shake
He sends the planet but gets cosmic zapped by blue... black plays a negotiate blue doesn't use is power and plays an attack 04 - black gets 4 cards as compensation

B) Blue goes next: draws a special and encounters black (most cards in hands) - hazard: cosmic upehaveal (mix the cards of the players)- i get an attack 30 and attack 40 and a lot of low card attacks - YAY? arrrh
orange gets invited by blue black invites purple but she doesn't go: blue uses his power and wins - 1 colony for orange and blue no cards played yet that i could use my power on shake
Blue does a second encounter: draws purple invite no allies - hazard: sargasso web (AGAIN!!!) purple invites yellow and they lose - no cards played thanks to blue power... blue at 2 colonies

(C) Yellow next: draws orange - hazard: meteor storm - we negotiate colony for colony no allies - it goes by i get to 2 colonies 1 for yellow and 2 for blue - i get the negotiate and offer it to black since apart from two high attacks i don't anything of value in hand - he accepts i draw attack 00 (f******K) - change of plans now i must lie to others and try get rid of some attack cards hoping i can draw something better
Yellow goes again: draws wild and encounters black - hazard: entropy beast comes in play (Oh fine this game wants me to lose: if i must lose then all of us will have to) - black invites orange and blue yellow invites only purple -
we win an everyone lose all ships but one - finally i can get a reward: i draw an attack -07 (REALLY???? come on) attack cards played were middle to low but i try however to gain trust by giving the attack cards back to purple - she accepts and i draw: attack 06 (this is getting ridicolous!!!)

(D)Purple turn: she draws yellow - hazard: reverse turn order (come on!!!)
no allies and attempt at deal - it goes well
second encounter: draws blue - hazard reverse turn order (everything back to normal it seems) invites black and blue uses power and wins

colonies: blue 2, orange 2, yellow 2,purple 1

(E) my turn finally: first draw orange and pass (since i didn't apply the destiny card i don't know if i should have draw an hazard, we decided not to because i didn't u"use" the destiny card) draw again: special most foreign colonies tie goes to blue and yellow lose a planet with no colonies on it thankfully - hazard: mirror universe (really??? really???) launch 2 shipsand ally with black vs 1 blue blue uses power - i win but no cards played
second encounter: draws a wild - entropy beast eats a planet - foreign colony lost on yellow system - encounter black: hazard: reverse rewards
(no comment)
i ask for negotiation and invite no allies, black invites everyone- i play attack 40 and win the encounter losing 3 ships thanks to guerrilla

colony count: orange 3, blue 2, yellow 2, purple 1, black 1

Second turn:
black draws special card (fewest ships) and encounters orange, entropy beast eats a planet in the black system (yellow had lost LOTS of ships and his planets were practically defenseless) - blue and orange lose a colony
hazard: forced alliance - allies with blue for rest of the game
invites blue and purple and launches his homeworld - i invite yellow and purple but they don't come - i lose the encounter even with an attack 30 - i don't fetch since i have lots of attack cards and don't wanna give away an attack 23

second encounter: draws blue - no allies deal reached
colony count: black 3, blue 2, orange 2, purple 2, yellow 1

(B) blue draws purple and invites black purple invites the others:
blue wins with higher attack

second encounter: draws orange, invites black i invite the others they don't come because they don't have many ships, blue uses power and wins

black is at 5 colonies and wins - grat comeback!

This game was fun even if i got everything against me! for a moment i was cheering for the entropy beast there XD Fido is a good alien but if you have bad luck well sc**w you XD and trickster is so strong dammit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me get this straight: Blue is on three, Black is on four, and Blue invites Black to the offense and wins for him the game? Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the answer is hazard: forced alliance!

blue tried to screw black up by using the power because we couldn't play negotiate for making a deal and i had all the low attacks card... it would have been a sure lose... the only way to stop black would have been to lose the encounter thanks to trickster's power

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I missed that. Didn't he have a Negotiate? He could play it instead of using his power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as i said we both couldn't play negotiate... the only way to lose would have been to use trickster power...

if you notice at half game the discard pile became the draw pile thanks to the hazard so most of the good cards were in the discard pile (card zap, cosmic zap, other artifacts reinforcement and high attacks)...

with my power i tried many times to fetch cards in order to draw something but as you can see in the session i wasn't very lucky even when i drawed from the reward pile XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.