Popular Tags: [View All]
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
Luxemborug
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before all, I mention that I already have backed this game and I think both the artwork is very exceptional and the game-play is very interesting. I just have some doubt about the term strategic that is used for it in some reviews.
I am wondering whether too many choices and ever-changing situations make this game more chaotic-fun rather than strategic-tactical-fun? Maybe this question can be answered better by those who play-tested the game. I may rephrase my question like this: Can it be that once you get some basic strategies of the game, then you have equal chances of winning with someone who is much more experienced? I should emphasize that even if it is like this I don't think it is a bad thing, I love Cosmic Encounter and I believe it is much more chaotic-fun than strategic-fun (Of course you plan ahead, but almost always there is a good chance that your plan is ruined and then you win the game in a way that you never had planned!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the strategic part applies when you decide which cards to take the commands on and which to take the points. The commands will help you in the future to maneuver but the points now give you access to buying new agents and/or missions.

With more familiarity with the cards and experience in actually seeing how things work, you will have more control than it originally appears. Still, yes, there is chaos and luck in the draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luck in the draw as always with a card game but everything you do you are required to make a choice and someone else will always reap some benefit to everyone of your actions. This takes the random chaos down alot not only will you have the abilities of cards you drew but every card opponents play could also swing the game in your favor. The on table strategic play far out weighs the minor chaos of the draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.