Subject: [Deck] The World Is Yours: NBN Lightning-Fast Advance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I came up with this a idea of a compact NBN fast advance deck. Now it's either completely ingenious and meta-changing, or pure garbabe. My money's on the latter. Still though, I wanted to share it with you so you could tell me what do you think and why it would suck. First I'll post the decklist, then run you through the basic strategy. Note that I haven't actually playtested this.

Identity:
NBN: The World Is Yours* (Future Proof)
Total Cards: (40)

Agenda: (10)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Breaking News (Core) x3
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3
Executive Retreat (Trace Amount) x1

Asset: (6)
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x3
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus) x3

ICE: (12)
Flare (Future Proof) x3
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Enigma (Core) x3

Operation: (9)
Biotic Labor (Core) x3 ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Anonymous Tip (Core) x3

Upgrade: (3)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x3

Total Agenda Points: 18

Influence Values Totals:
Haas-Bioroid: 12
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 24
The Weyland Consortium: 0

I'm sure that by now you figured out the strategy, but if you didn't, it's quite simple:

-Protect HQ and R&D (plus Archives against Noise).
-*Only open remote servers for ecnomy assets, and don't protect them; Either the runner ignores them and you gain credits, or he trashes them and he loses credits. Win-win.
-Score agendas the turn you play them. For Breaking News you don't even need any additional cards. For the rest (other than Executive Retreat) you can also score in a single turn, by playing a Biotic Labor.
-*If need be, open one dedicated, protected remote server and upgrade it with Sansan. Then you can either score your 2/3 agenedas without Biotic Labor, or score your 3/5 agenda or extra Project Beale advancements over two turns.

What do you think? If the basic idea is solid, but the decklist is meh, then is there any way to improve upon it and perfect it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked Green Level Clearance in a similar deck of mine (without thbiotics, might see if i can do it), and Eli 1.0 is a great way to slow down runners, so I'd suggest dropping 1 Biotic Labor for 3 GLC and 1 Eli. With such a small deck, I find I don't need econ as much, so dropping a Marked Accounts or Private Contracts could help a few more ICE in. As ICE go, I find Flare or something like it to be too expensive in a deck like this. The Biotic Labors put even more of an economic strain there, so cheaper ICE would be better imho. Draco can be nice as a quick stopper, and a 1 strength draco can be great against a Ninja.

There's a few thoughts shooting from the hip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Green level clearance would work well in this deck. More money, more draw.

I've been playing NBN for a while now and I find Flare to be brutally expensive, and not worth running. Without testing your deck however, not sure how it will run. Using Biotic Labor and fast advancing is credit intensive, not to mention credit bursty so I think you might find Flare a liability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about dropping a copy of Biotic Labor, as it's the heart of the deck and I'd like to draw it as much as possible. If I had more influence, I'd even have added Archived Memories to reuse the Biotic Labor.

But that discussion gave me an idea: How about not protect HQ and R&D at all, and simply try to score 7 agenda points before the runner steals 7 agenda points? Sounds insanely risky, but maybe, just maybe it would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
How about not protect HQ and R&D at all, and simply try to score 7 agenda points before the runner steals 7 agenda points? Sounds insanely risky, but maybe, just maybe it would work.

I tried that, and sadly, with Index and R&D Interface running rampant right now, it's not really feasible. Maybe in a couple of months when the meta shifts again, but for now the Runner can just steamroll you if you leave R&D unprotected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont see this deck having the economy to support biotic labor and SanSan effectively.

Also, I think marked Accounts is a trap. It looks good on paper, but its slow and worse, drains you of precious clicks that you need in fast advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
degamer wrote:
I dont see this deck having the economy to support biotic labor and SanSan effectively.

That's my gut reaction, too. It just doesn't look like enough, especially if you're playing a trash-happy Runner.

Quote:
Also, I think marked Accounts is a trap. It looks good on paper, but its slow and worse, drains you of precious clicks that you need in fast advance.

This I disagree with, though. I'm going to take a wild guess that you haven't tried it? Or that you play HB, which doesn't need it? Marked Accounts does three good things for FA decks.

First, it can give you a way to drain the Runner's credits early in the game. That buys you time to draw the cards you need, whatever they may be--Agendas, ICE, SanSan, etc.

Second, if the Runner DOESN'T trash it early, then it gives you an extra 3/4 click per turn for credits, which really adds up as you wait to pounce.

Third, it gives you something extra to do while you bide your time. People seem to forget sometimes that Fast Advance decks don't necessarily score all their points early in the game. What they do is score their points straight from HQ. (Ideally this happens early in the game, but not always.) To do so requires time to set up, and a lot of credits. Marked Accounts can give you those credits, in a way that doesn't require a lot of clicks, while you wait to assemble the pieces and/or credits you need to score out of hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how would you change the deck? Without removing Biotic Labor that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea.

The economy seems abit shaky since you will need about 8 credits for every 2-point agenda you want to score. Also I dont like Private Contracts in this deck, too high rezcost (If you really wants assets PAD seems better). Seems like the deck really wants Green Level Clearance or Beanstalk and you can probably drop one biotic. Also do you really need HQ defense? Just get some ICE on R&D and minor defense on one server for SanSan. Also Pop-up seems great on R&D, the runner will run through it alot.

I would try:

-3 Private Contracts
-3 Flare
-1 Biotic Labour
-3 Marked Accounts

+3 Tollbooth
+3 Pop-up Window
+2 Green level Clearance
+2 Beanstalk Royalties

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
So, how would you change the deck? Without removing Biotic Labor that is.

You seem to be restricting yourself needlessly if you strictly wants to use all influence for Biotics. With so little ICE, Account Syphon and Vamp is a big problem. Since the runner should trash any economyasset you rez the deck really wants some more economy events and for that some influence needs to be freed. That 3rd Biotic is likely better as a Archived Memories if you really think you need that 6th oneturn scorer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I accept all your changes. Would that make this deck competetive? or the whole idea of it is doomed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Say I accept all your changes. Would that make this deck competetive? or the whole idea of it is doomed?

That's what playtesting is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ingram
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
This was my NBN fast advance deck I built a long time ago, it looks strikingly similar to yours. I dont think I tested it more than 5-6 times, but it never lost, and it just seemed kinda boring. Maybe I didn't see a good enough runner. You dont really need all that much economy with this deck. All you need is 7 credits and a biotic and astroscript in hand to score, then you effectively have another free biotic.

I chose to forgo sansan because it's so expensive, and then you need to defend a remote. I feel like the power of this deck is to win before the game can progress into the late-game. So cheap etr ice stacked up 3 deep on both hq and r&d will keep most runners out just long enough.

Looking back, tho, I think I like your having marked accounts and pad campaign instead of melange cause it gives the runner something to waste their time/money on. If I were you, I think I'd drop sansan and flare in favor of pop-up and tollbooth/uroborus.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
NBN: The World Is Yours* (Future Proof)

Total Cards: (40)

Agenda: (11)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Breaking News (Core) x3
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3
Corporate War (Future Proof) x2

Asset: (3)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3

ICE: (17)
Data Raven (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x3
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
Tollbooth (Core) x3
Uroboros (A Study in Static) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x3

Operation: (9)
Biotic Labor (Core) x3 ■■■■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Anonymous Tip (Core) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 19

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 12
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 22
The Weyland Consortium: 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the latter too...

kroen wrote:
...or pure garbabe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

The deck is definitely not bad, but it will likely need alot of playtesting to find how much ICE & economy it needs against agressive runners and how vulnerable you are to shutdown/syphon. Competitive is depending on your meta, but it should have the benefit of always scoring some points (like most fast-advance decks).

Also to clarify on the 6th Biotic, you already have 3 in-faction biotics in the form of Astroscript. And you should only need to score 3 2-pointers.
That Executive sticks out though, seems like you will have a really hard time scoring that. Might be worth trying to switch it for False Leads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is Theory Crafting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Adama is back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...by popular demand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did some playtesting...

While the deck has it'smoments it's inconsistent and got too many bad draws where aggro criminals will rip you a new one. Also you need alot of influence to let the economy keep pace with the amount of agendas you draw as well as getting some defenses.

Biotics are often unnessecary, SanSan in a defended server often does the same for less influence and if you score a early astro you might not need it at all.

I found a need for more ICE and cheaper, Tollbooth was just shutdownbait even if it was good against shaper/anarch.

My current deck (that still needs more playtesting):

Agendas (12)

3x Astroscript
3x Beale
3x Breaking News
3x False Lead

ICE (15)

3x Wall of Static
1x Enigma
3x Pop-up
3x Chimera
3x Chum (3 influence)
2x Caduceus (4 influence)

Operations (11)

3x Anonymous Tip
3x Hedge Fund
3x Green Level (3 influence)
2x Beanstalk (2 influence)

Upgrades (3)

3x SanSan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that 41 cards? Or am I just counting incorrectly?

Because if you're already at 41, why not add in three more cards? Such as:

Marked Accounts (play them naked and get the Runner to spend a click and 5 credits to get rid of it, or supplement your income)

PAD Campaign (similar to Marked Accounts, but cheaper for the Runner to trash; on the plus side, it's not a drain on your clicks once rezzed)

Private Contracts (play them in your protected remote alongside a face-down SanSan to lure the Runner into running through your ICE, only to find that they need 10 credits to trash everything; or supplement your income with a card that has a fast clock--it'll be gone right when you're ready to score)

Melange Mining Corp (supplement your income, give you a burst or two of credits sufficient to carry your through scoring one or two fast agendas)

Red Herring (slows or completely prevents big runs during key turns)

Bernice Mai (slows the Runner down if he or she has played Resources or is worried about Scorched Earth/Closed Accounts/Big Brother into Psychographics)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Is that 41 cards? Or am I just counting incorrectly?

Because if you're already at 41, why not add in three more cards? Such as:

Marked Accounts (play them naked and get the Runner to spend a click and 5 credits to get rid of it, or supplement your income)

PAD Campaign (similar to Marked Accounts, but cheaper for the Runner to trash; on the plus side, it's not a drain on your clicks once rezzed)

Private Contracts (play them in your protected remote alongside a face-down SanSan to lure the Runner into running through your ICE, only to find that they need 10 credits to trash everything; or supplement your income with a card that has a fast clock--it'll be gone right when you're ready to score)

Melange Mining Corp (supplement your income, give you a burst or two of credits sufficient to carry your through scoring one or two fast agendas)

Red Herring (slows or completely prevents big runs during key turns)

Bernice Mai (slows the Runner down if he or she has played Resources or is worried about Scorched Earth/Closed Accounts/Big Brother into Psychographics)

It's 41 cards since I don't want to cut either more ICE or economy but find a Corporate War alot worse than False Lead. Played it at 44 cards earlier (+1 Enigma +2 Marked Accounts) but found the Marked Accounts to just be too slow. Might be worth it to swap 2 False Lead for a 2/4 and hope you dont draw it or it gets stolen. Another possible change is -1 Chum -1 Beanstalk +1 Caduceus but I really like a Chum -> Chimera remote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Check out NBN TWIY on the front page as well. We don't have very much overlap, and the deck is very consistent (11-4 so far).

The biggest thing I can think of, is try to split your ice between 1/3 taxing ice, 1/3 cheap etr ice, and 1/3 heavy hitter ice.

This gives a variety of ice for each situation.

I don't like Biotic Labor in TWIY tbh, all 12 influence is pretty sketchy, you need at least a few out of faction pieces of Ice. Eli is pretty great, and a single copy of Archer is good with your 5 1-pt agendas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.