United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Idk why but I seem to always put my crew together
My brother's ships always have most engines
Other brother has most guns
And I always have biggest crew but even on round 4 ships I have 2 or 3 maybe even 4 crew pods all together than epidemic wipes them out
This happen a lot to anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
backspace8908 wrote:
Other brother has most guns

Older brother wins a lot, doesn't he?

backspace8908 wrote:
And I always have biggest crew but even on round 4 ships I have 2 or 3 maybe even 4 crew pods all together than epidemic wipes them out

Doctor: "What seems to be the problem?"
Patient: "It hurts when I do this. Can you help?"
Doctor: "Sure. Don't do that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to avoid putting crew compartments together when possible in rounds 2 and 3. Sometimes, you can get away with it, but even when you don't see the epidemic card in the cards, it might be in the hidden pile. If it's there, don't do it, just don't. If it isn't there, it's a risk/reward type play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not build crew pods adjacent to each other.

I always tell this when teaching the game after the 1st run because of Epidemic card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three tips:

1) Make sure you shuffle the tiles better - if all of one type end up in front of one player, they'll find it easier to build their ship up with those tiles than other players will

2) Whenever you place a crew cabin, look for other pieces to attach to it

3) If you lose crew before Epidemic hits, do it with Epidemics in mind, rather than just pulling crew out from around the edges - isolate your aliens first, and rather than taking one from each of a pair of neighbouring cabins, take both from one...

Sometimes it's worth putting a couple of extra crew in at the cost of getting a bunch of crew cabins next to each other - for example, if there are a lot of abandoned ships out there, you can probably ditch the extra crew before they can get sick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, absolutely try to avoid clustering your crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Milloy
United States
Norwich
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
backspace8908 wrote:
This happen a lot to anyone else?

No, only once. Then I stopped putting my crew together.

It would be easy to fall into a rut and make the same ship over and over again in this game, but I find that doesn't happen because you get to see a significant portion of the adventure cards. Some rounds require lots of guns, some lots of engines, etc, and you each should be adapting to the situation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.