Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is a tile-laying game at all, but really an exploration and area-majority game. It's actually quite similar in structure to Entdecker-- choose where to explore, draw a tile, if it fits you can increase your position in that area-- with an added push-your-luck element so that you can place more than one beach-chair on your turn but you lose them all if you draw a tile that doesn't fit. It can actually be a useful tactic to just keep drawing until you bust, because it allows you to remove beach-chairs from beaches where you're out of the running, and unused beach-chairs are worth points at the end. I think there's a lot going on in this game, despite an initial impression of a high luck element, but I think this may be missed by players expecting a tile-laying game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but what do you think about the tiresome scoring of the end-game? Any ideas for making that any easier?

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find that tiresome. It seemed about as much effort as the endgame scoring in Carcassonne. Possibly you could keep the beach rankings updated during the game, rather than having to count everything from scratch at the end, but I didn't find this to be a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.