Matthew Plomp
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Dungeoneer: "(arrow): Exhaust this card to perform a search action. While this card is exhausted, you may perform 1 attack during your turn without using an action. (1 stamina)"

Trail of Riches: "If you have 2 or more Search cards in front of you (facedown or faceup), you may exhaust this card to search a search token within 3 spaces of you without using an action. (1 stamina)"

I'm doubtful, but might these be usable together? Spend the stamina for trail of riches to enable a search for free within 3 spaces, then spend a stamina on dungeoneer to enable (once) getting a free attack action when I search?

I can think of a few potential outcomes for doing these together.

1. They don't work together at all. One stamina for an immediate search action within 3, no synergy.

2. Trail of Riches enables searching within 3, I immediately spend an action on Dungeoneer to get me a free attack action this turn.

3. Trail of Riches enables searching within 3, makes Dungeoneer's activating action free, getting me the search, an attack, and an action to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, to use both of these in one turn, you would need access to two search tokens. They don't really interact at all. If you DO have two search tokens around, you could gain two free actions, one from each skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lolololage
msg tools
Shmugen wrote:
Dungeoneer: "(arrow): Exhaust this card to perform a search action. While this card is exhausted, you may perform 1 attack during your turn without using an action. (1 stamina)"

Trail of Riches: "If you have 2 or more Search cards in front of you (facedown or faceup), you may exhaust this card to search a search token within 3 spaces of you without using an action. (1 stamina)"

I'm doubtful, but might these be usable together? Spend the stamina for trail of riches to enable a search for free within 3 spaces, then spend a stamina on dungeoneer to enable (once) getting a free attack action when I search?

I can think of a few potential outcomes for doing these together.

1. They don't work together at all. One stamina for an immediate search action within 3, no synergy.

2. Trail of Riches enables searching within 3, I immediately spend an action on Dungeoneer to get me a free attack action this turn.

3. Trail of Riches enables searching within 3, makes Dungeoneer's activating action free, getting me the search, an attack, and an action to spare.

Trail of riches is not "performing a search action" So i do not think they can work together.

Its like not being able to trip wire heroes that are moving but not "using a move action"

At least form my reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
To the OP:

No, I don't think the cards can interact the way you want them to. Trail of Riches enables a free and immediate search action, not a free use of a class skill. Dungeoneer would fall under the (arrow) abilities, whereas a search action is a special action. Just because Dungeoneer's effect is similar to a search action doesn't make it one.

That said, there is a legitimate question if you can use Dungeoneer without a valid search token nearby. I don't know why you would do that rather than just attacking normally, but I don't think anything prohibits you from using Dungoneer without a valid target for the search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jasondazed wrote:
To the OP:

No, I don't think the cards can interact the way you want them to. Trail of Riches enables a free and immediate search action, not a free use of a class skill. Dungeoneer would fall under the (arrow) abilities, whereas a search action is a special action. Just because Dungeoneer's effect is similar to a search action doesn't make it one.

That said, there is a legitimate question if you can use Dungeoneer without a valid search token nearby. I don't know why you would do that rather than just attacking normally, but I don't think anything prohibits you from using Dungoneer without a valid target for the search.

As I read it, Trail of Riches performs a Search action for 1 stamina instead of an action if you can meet the conditions.

If you are next to a search coin, you can use Dungeoneer instead of a normal search action. If you do, exhaust the card and gain the stamina attack ability. You cant search if there is nothing to search nearby (Page 10 Original Descent 2 rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.