Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. During "Who's the Boss Phase", after the Boss blindly/randomly selects his turn order, how do the remaining players select their turn order?
i. randomly/blindly from the pool of remaining turn order tokens?
ii. non-randomly (ie they can chose to pick one of the remaining)?
iii. if non-randomly, is this kept secret till all players select their turn tokens? or a turn tokens not secret but rather, revealed immediately after being chosen?

2. When moving units during the Player's Turn Phase, can units chose to move into the same space as another unit (Defender or Dark Force), thereby causing an immediate "battle with multiple rounds"?

The confusion arose with the wording on p9...
- "Nor can a unit remain in a space with another unit as this will cause a Battle with multiple rounds"...
- "Units can only move into spaces that are adjacent"...
- "You may move through any Dark Force unit, but no unit may remain in a space already occupied by another unit, as a battle with multiple rounds must immediately begin to remove one of those units"

And later in the rules when talking about "Battles with multiple rounds", we weren't sure as to whether this was only for specific situations in which units can end up in the same space, namely:
- deploying on a battlefield space where a unit already exists
- moving to a Battlefield Location where another unit already exists
- moving from battlefield area to another adjacent battlefield area where a unit already exists
- moving out of a Battlefield Location into a battlefield starting space where another unit exists

... and hence not allowed to find oneself in any other situation (ie through normal movement) to battle multiple rounds.

If you can elect to end movement in same space as another unit so as to have a battle with multiple rounds, then the wording on p9 could've been written in a less ambiguous way... ie rather than "may not remain... otherwise battle with multiple rounds", it could've been worded along the lines of "you may end movement on same location as other unit, but this will immediately trigger a battle with multiple rounds.."

3. p14 under "Onward March- Protecting the Keep", where it says "If that unit (Fantasy Defender) cannot enter the Keep, it must destroy the next Dark Force unit that can enter it this game turn", we assumed "destroy= attack"... Is this correct? Or does it literally mean to chose to destroy (ie auto kill) a unit that is capable of entering the Keep next turn?

4. Regarding how Fantasy Heroes come into play and refering to p16... A Hero is summoned when 1 of 3 things happen...
- destroying the 9th Wall
- declaration of entering the Keep
- declaration to attack a Defender in the Keep

The onfusing bit was the interpretation of the next line "Note: Only 1 Hero is summoned in this manner during the game"

Does this mean that:
i. Only 1 Hero is ever going to be summoned during the game? (as soon as 1 of 3 conditions are met)... OR
ii. A new Hero is added every time one of the 3 conditions are met for the first time?

The other reason for asking this is, why would on p13 when talking about calculating player scores, it mentions "+1 point for each defeated Hero"

5. "slow" units- we presumed they only have 1 movement point (and can't be "pushed" unless they have that ability)... hence they can't move to different battlefield areas or to Battlefield Locations... Is this correct?

6. "large" units- do they have any special ability other than when being refernced to in Power Cards? ie are they large enough to melee units on walls without ladders? can they enter the castle? do they have any other restrictions or inherant abilities?

7. Regarding Structures, Walls have 3 health and Castle Buildings have health as outlined on their cards...
i. what is the health of outer Towers (appear larger), inner Towers (appear smaller), Battlefield Upgrades?
ii. Can structures mentioned in 7i. above actually be attacked?
iii. We presumed that structures are the only things that affect Line of Sight... is this correct (except for Castle buildings, which are specifically mentioned as "clear" spaces and can be "fired through")? can other things affect LOS?

8. Regarding the larger Outer Towers:
i. what are they immediately adjacent to? only the one Rampart space leading onto them (ie the potential spaces for Castle Buildings)?
ii. can they or units in them, be attacked from Battlefield spaces? (either through melee or ranged attacks... and if so how is adjancy/ranged determined ?)
iii. if ranged Fantasy Defenders are in them can they fire into Battlefield spaces? and if so, then again, how is adjancy/ranged determined?
iv. If the answers to above are such that no ranged/melee unit can attack them or units in them, from the outside (battlefield spaces), does that mean that units on these Towers can only be attacked once entering the Castle and attacking from the only adjacent diamond space next to them or via ranged attacks from within the Castle (provided LOS is not blocked by other Walls or the inner Towers or the Keep)?
v. Also, if the answer to above are such that unitis on these Towers can not fire into the Battlefield spaces, does this mean that they can only fire into the Castle (abiding by LOS rules)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer. I have not gotten my copy yet but I was able to play test this at a convention and these where the way the rules where.

1. During the who's the boss phase the boss gets to draw two tokens and then chose one of them returning one of them then all the players chose a order token randomly/blindly.

2.No. Units may not purposefully end their turn on a spot that already has a character. You will only have battles of multiple rounds when you build/place a unit on someones unit that is in the back row of a section0.

3.Yes destroy means attack.

4.Only 1 hero will enter into the game

5. Yes although many slow units have the push ability allowing them to be move between sections.

6.Currently there is nothing special about being large currently although we can assume that in expansions there might be cards that will change that.

7.you cannot destroy outer towers

8.The adjacent spaces are the space closest to the tower on the battlefield allowing defender units to fire onto the battle field and withe the increase in range they are allowed to attack almost the entire battlefield.
They can be attacked by ranged units on the field and spells with the above adjacent understanding. Melee units must attack them from inside the castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx heaps Logan
logalog wrote:
Disclaimer. I have not gotten my copy yet but I was able to play test this at a convention and these where the way the rules where.

Quote:
3.Yes destroy means attack.

Thanx again. The reason asked was, the term "destroyed" was used in the section of the rules related to how to summon a Hero. If a Hero had no choice but to be deployed ontop of a Dark Force unit, the Hero "destroyed"that unit (ie auto-kill).

Quote:
7.you cannot destroy outer towers

Can we presume that the smaller inner towers and Battlefield Upgrade structures cannot be destroyed?

Also, how were you guys playing LOS? The rules refer to the inner towers blocking LOS, Walls blocking LOS to units behind walls (not on walls)...

- What about the central Keep? does it block LOS too?
- What about ranged attacks to adjacent Battlefield areas? Can ranged attcks "warp" around Battlefield areas to adjacent battlfeild spaces? And if so can Battlefield Upgrade and Battlefield Locations block LOS?

Quote:
8.The adjacent spaces are the space closest to the tower on the battlefield allowing defender units to fire onto the battle field and withe the increase in range they are allowed to attack almost the entire battlefield.

So to clarify, the Outer Towers are only adjacent to the edge Battlefield spaces that are closest to the Castle and just in front of the outer Walls? (ie not the edge spaces on the second rows and starting rows of battlefield areas)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to help out where I can.

Quote:
the term "destroyed" was used in the section of the rules related to how to summon a Hero. If a Hero had no choice but to be deployed ontop of a Dark Force unit, the Hero "destroyed"that unit (ie auto-kill).

I did not see this in the rule book I would assume then that the term would be solid meaning auto-kill the piece.

Quote:
Can we presume that the smaller inner towers and Battlefield Upgrade structures cannot be destroyed?

I would agree with this. Anything on the board itself cannot be destroyed.

Quote:
What about the central Keep? does it block LOS too?

This never really came up in our game because we just barely got some of the walls down to get into the keep although if I remember it correctly then yes it does block LOS.

Quote:
What about ranged attacks to adjacent Battlefield areas? Can ranged attcks "warp" around Battlefield areas to adjacent battlfeild spaces? And if so can Battlefield Upgrade and Battlefield Locations block LOS?

I would assume that you can shoot adjacent battlefield areas. I don't remember if battlefield upgrades block LOS though.

Quote:
So to clarify, the Outer Towers are only adjacent to the edge Battlefield spaces that are closest to the Castle and just in front of the outer Walls? (ie not the edge spaces on the second rows and starting rows of battlefield areas)

Correct as far as I'm aware that is a spot considered adjacent for ranged combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx again Logan... we will play as you per your experience

Would be good to have the designer to also chip in and confirm too if at all possible ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to help out where I can. I'm sure he'll get around to responding to it got to remember he has to gear up to ship all of the USA copies and stretch rewards and everything else so probably keeping really busy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logalog wrote:
Glad to help out where I can. I'm sure he'll get around to responding to it got to remember he has to gear up to ship all of the USA copies and stretch rewards and everything else so probably keeping really busy.

And work on his new game which he was pimping before this one was even printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.