BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Boardgamers in Frisco, TX rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Walker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi Guys - Hoping to find one or few guys that want to get together around once a week or every other week to play some games. I'm new to the area and looking for some folks that are not too tightly strung that just want to play some games. I would like to play desceny 2nd edition (never played but reeally want to), android:netrunner, eclipse, twilight imperium and pretty much am open to trying mostly anything (just getting into the hobby). If interested shoot me an I'M or email at zenile at yahoo.com

Thanks,
Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sheasby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

If you can expand your travel range just a bit (to Plano), Madness Games and Comics hosts boardgaming every Saturday afternoon/evenings at the SW corner of Parker and Custer. And, it's free. There is a BGG Guild for the types of games that have been played over the past few years:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/864

Officially, boardgaming starts at 4:00 p.m. every Saturday. We have some really nice (not too strung) folks who play the games that you mentioned in your post. In fact, there was at least one game of Eclipse yesterday. And someone else brought Twilight Imperium!

Is Madness close enough for you or a bit too far for your requirements?

Steven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Perez
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another place that holds a place for board games in Plano. Dallas games Marathon.

The website is http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The North Texas Gamers meet monthly in the Frisco Public Library---when it's available. It wasn't this month so they're meeting at Madness in Plano on July 27.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129333070421958/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the recommedations guys. I
checked out Madness and it was massive. Ill try all the places you guys suggested and see if I can meet some folks.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Frisco also, in the far northwest corner near Teel and Panther Creek. I try to make it to DGM as often as I can (I plan to be there this Saturday for most of the day). I'd love to do a regular game night, but it's hard to get away from the kids on a regular basis.

If you are interested in playing Mage WarsI will work harder to make something happen. cool

Editing to add: Looking at the games you are looking to play, I am somewhat averse to longer playing games like TI, but I am interested in Descent and checking out Eclipse.

My collection is heavily weighted towards faster playing and two player games in a failed attempt to get my wife interested in gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
Phasmtis wrote:
Another place that holds a place for board games in Plano. Dallas games Marathon.

The website is http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/

DGM is coming up again this weekend. $15 if you register by tomorrow. I'll be there from around noon until I pass out from exhaustion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome to come hang out with us in Carrollton if you like.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Another Frisco gamer here over around Teel & Main. I'd love to get something going, even if it's just every once and a while someplace close by. I've been playing a lot of Ascension, Zombie Dice and Dominion lately and trying to get my wife into them a bit more.

I'm sure we could find a place around here somewhere that'd accommodate a group...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I scared zenile away with my PM, but if you try to get anything together in that side of Frisco let me know. I'll play Mage Wars or Letters from Whitechapel with anyone anytime (that my wife and kids let me get away).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I know how that goes My copy of Boss Monster just came in the mail today. Seems like any place with decently sized tables would do it for an evening of a game or two. I wonder about the upstairs at the Londoner with some pushed together tables or even down at the Holy Grail by the mall. They definitely have some good sized tables and some tasty beverages.

Dunno if everyone would be comfortable at a bar though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Anyone interested in Myth. I just received my KS and have most of the minis painted. I'd be open to hosting a game at my place if anyone is interested in giving this a run. shoot me a pm and let me know how to contact you if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to get a feel for the group that's out here and how much participation there'd be so I've started a Meetup group for the Frisco area:

http://www.meetup.com/Frisco-Board-Gamers-Meetup

If you're interested and want to get the ball (or dice?) rolling, stop by and join the group. If we get enough folks together, we can start deciding on a place we can all meet and what games we could play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
enygmadae wrote:
I know how that goes My copy of Boss Monster just came in the mail today. Seems like any place with decently sized tables would do it for an evening of a game or two. I wonder about the upstairs at the Londoner with some pushed together tables or even down at the Holy Grail by the mall. They definitely have some good sized tables and some tasty beverages.

Dunno if everyone would be comfortable at a bar though...

My only concern with a bar would be protecting the games. My precious, precious games. I was thinking the Frisco Library might have accomodations (I have never been in there), but they close at 6pm every day so other than weekend afternoons they wouldn't be much use. The Londoner is pretty convenient and a lot bigger than the Grail, though I haven't seen the upstairs.

zenile wrote:
Anyone interested in Myth. I just received my KS and have most of the minis painted. I'd be open to hosting a game at my place if anyone is interested in giving this a run. shoot me a pm and let me know how to contact you if you are interested.

I've played one solo/learning game with my own set and I'd be interested in playing it with real people and have lots of fun and interesting interpreting the rules discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Luetchford
United States
Providence Village
TX
flag msg tools
...because that's how you get ants!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up in Providence Village and would love to come down to Frisco for some gaming. The Londoner would be very convenient. I'm already there on Saturdays for FC Dallas games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
How busy is it on Saturdays during the day? I figure it'd get busy later on but haven't been there much except weekday evenings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Luetchford
United States
Providence Village
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I don't actually know. The supporters groups tailgate in the parking lot east of the stadium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Luetchford
United States
Providence Village
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's in charge? Let's set something up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Frisco area gamer, and DGM member that meets every 1st Saturday for gaming with another Frisco area friend. I'm curious did you guys get your group going at the Londoner? What's the volume level like at that place? And are the tables kept clean enough for some precious cardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Luetchford
United States
Providence Village
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up for the North Texas Gamers Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/129333070421958/

They are meeting once a month at Madness in Plano on a Saturday at 10am. This month, they are meeting next Saturday (4/12) at 10am.

They also had a meetup at the Frisco Public Library at one point. Apparently, there's a good room there. Maybe we could resurrect it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
luetchy wrote:
Who's in charge? Let's set something up.

I think finding a decent location is the only real barrier to getting started. There are a few promising venues but nothing has been vetted yet as far as I know.

luetchy wrote:
I just signed up for the North Texas Gamers Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/129333070421958/

They are meeting once a month at Madness in Plano on a Saturday at 10am. This month, they are meeting next Saturday (4/12) at 10am.

All their pics look to be of wargames.I wish madness was closer. If I have 4 hours free to play games I don't want to spend 1.5 of them traveling to the location.

luetchy wrote:
They also had a meetup at the Frisco Public Library at one point. Apparently, there's a good room there. Maybe we could resurrect it?

If they have space and we get hold of it, that would be awesome, at least for weekend meetups as they appear to close at 6pm every day.

I was planning to go check out The Londoner and the library saturday but I ended up playing board games instead. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
They were having them there but it trailed off from my understanding. I talked to them today and the room is usually very booked up and you put your name in about 2 *months* in advance for it.

so...other options would be good. It'd be nice to find a local business (restaurant, coffee shop, etc) we could support by meeting there too. I started a discussion over here about it:

http://www.meetup.com/Frisco-Board-Gamers-Meetup/messages/bo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So do we have a tentative headcount? We should probably at least all go meet for a beer/coffee so we can gauge serious interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornutt
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, the meetup group is up to 17 people now (including me) so I imagine maybe a little less than half of that would be an relatively close of the "mostly interested". How does this weekend look for folks to meetup over a drink? I'm not thinking a full gaming session (unless we want to try it) but some light, short games could be brought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enygmadae wrote:
Well, the meetup group is up to 17 people now (including me) so I imagine maybe a little less than half of that would be an relatively close of the "mostly interested". How does this weekend look for folks to meetup over a drink? I'm not thinking a full gaming session (unless we want to try it) but some light, short games could be brought.

For me, interest is high, but with 3 young kids, I only get to game once or twice a month at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.