Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does Lalande make you draw 2 cards? 1 at the beginning of the turn and 1 more during the serving phase, therefore triggering Petrushka to get a 3rd card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plastic Rhombus
msg tools
Only one Private Maid's ability is ever activated at once. Once you buy a second private maid, the only aspect of the previous maid that remains is her VP.

But to also clear up your misunderstanding about draw, the symbol on the side of Lalande is a 'reminder' that her ability is draw +1 in your starting phase, but her text and symbol refer to the same draw. She turns your hand into 6 at the beginning of your turn, basically.

Tanya's ability activates "during your serving phase" because it is only ever in response to draw generated during your serving phase, because that's the only time you'd ever generate draw -with a maid- if Tanya is your private maid. There are other cases (for buying reminisces in the Romantic Vacation expansion only) that would cause you to draw but not activate Tanya's ability. but basically if you draw a card, draw another, once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ty that really helps. Also, when someone plays a bad habit on your maid, she can still use her skills right?

One last question if you will.
When you chambermaid someone, its basically 1 stack of cards and each one you buy goes on top of the other therefore negating the skills of the previous one right?

PS

My wife and i love the game thats why i ask allthese questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Habits are played on your chambers, not on specific maids, and so do not affect the abilities of your chambermaids.

Private Maids are the only ones with active abilities when chambered (that I know of), and so yes each new one negates the abilities of all previous ones. However, if you have an active Private Maid and you chamber, for example, a Collette, she does not cover up the Private Maid and you can still use her abilities (you may want to either put the chambered maids underneath the Private Maids, or keep 2 piles - one of Private Maids and the other of chambered maids that are just there for the VP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plastic Rhombus
msg tools
Haha, I laugh because when my boyfriend and I started playing this game we had the same misconceptions about the rules... played that way for a few games until they just felt INSANE. Let me guess, there are a lot of games where you just end up with like 15 love and 3 employ? ahha it took us WEEKS to figure out every rule we were playing wrong.

Basically, chambermaiding is not as good as you think it is.

Ok, so let's say you draw a hand with a Safran. You may -EITHER- play her 'normally', which would cost one serving and generate +2 Love and do nothing else, OR you may chambermaid her for one serving, this does not generate her love (there's a card in the first expansion that sorta doesn't work like this, but I won't confuse you).

Once she's in your private quarters, she basically only counts for her VP combo. Chambermaids essentially are blank VP cards in your quarters.

Also, Bad Habits are in a pile of their own. Illnesses essentially blank the card they're on, no VP and no abilities, and I don't believe they count in combos either. You also can place multiple illnesses on a single maid, however, every event in your quarters can be moved with a single Claire in one turn, according to the FAQ.

Another thing to note, however, (which I mention because I played this wrong for a while) is that a chambermaid VP bonus (the crescent sisters 7 VP triplet bonus) is a -bonus-, in addition to the number on the cards already. So three crescent sisters is 1 vp + 1 vp + 1 vp + 7 vp bonus = 10 vp for three sisters.

any other questions, I'll answer if I know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks again!!

@Plastic Rhombus

What do you mean Claire clears everything in 1 turn? I thought you can only reveal her once to prevent an event, and also have her serve you 1 time to remove another event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plastic Rhombus
msg tools
Ohhhh, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted the wording on the site!

Q: If someone uses Nord Twilight's effect, can I return both Illness cards with 1 Claire?
A: Yes you may. Each Illness gives you a chance to use Claire's effect to return it.

This was referring to returning them -as they're being sent- by revealing Claire, not that each illness in your Private Quarters gives this "chance". Technically, you would "reveal" the same Claire twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.