Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Are earned points left displayed on the table for all players to see and count, or are they kept in a players hand?

2. Is there any way in the basic set or upcoming expansions or rule additions to steal points from another player? From my experience playing two player, once the other player gets to 25+ and you're significantly behind, you have little recourse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bass
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might make for an interesting agent ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re. #1 - Points are public information, open on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rajae aree
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The virus mission card steals points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bass
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch! I forgot about that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Points are always displayed so that all can know everyone's score and a glance the cards do great for that not only giving a tactile feel as you spend them to buy cards. But they are color coded so that at a quick glance you know all the scores of the people playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that the questions have already been answered, but just to confirm;

1. Points are on the table, visible for other players. Knowing who is ahead and behind on points if important when deciding your moves!

2. There will be Missions and Agents who have the power to steal points. These will crop up across the expansions, boosters etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this reply Saar...I was about to ask about this as the rules (presently) are not clear about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheAgents wrote:
1. Points are on the table, visible for other players. Knowing who is ahead and behind on points if important when deciding your moves!

Without wanting to start a massive debate about trackable information, does anyone else think it's somewhat against the theme of the game that IP/VP are visible rather than hidden? We played our first game with poker chips that made it super easy to see how many points people had, and while the gameplay was interesting, the eventual winner's final turn was somewhat anticlimactic. Stealing points may alleviate this of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rich.

You make a good point and it's something that I've been thinking about a lot as well over the past weeks.

When the final game comes out the points will no longer be double sided and my intention is for them to not be visible to the other players i.e you will be able to hide your points from the other players.

I agree that it's more in keeping with the game and will lead to interesting new player interactions.

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheAgents wrote:
Hi Rich.

You make a good point and it's something that I've been thinking about a lot as well over the past weeks.

When the final game comes out the points will no longer be double sided and my intention is for them to not be visible to the other players i.e you will be able to hide your points from the other players.

I agree that it's more in keeping with the game and will lead to interesting new player interactions.

S

So if a player asks another how many points they have, do they tell them? Or lie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Luke, far be it for me to be your moral compass.

My own strategy would probably be to tell the truth if it helps me win and to lie if it helps me win.

;-P

Seriously though, I'm still finalizing this side of things, but it will be done and dusted by the time the game drops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheAgents wrote:

My own strategy would probably be to tell the truth if it helps me win and to lie if it helps me win.

;-P

Seriously though, I'm still finalizing this side of things, but it will be done and dusted by the time the game drops!

So "MORE THAN YOU!! HAHA!!" is an appropriate response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for continuing input Saar.

Xavarir wrote:

Now you've just reminded me of a conversation I heard related whilst working in a call centre.

Call centre Rep: Thank you for calling bank name. May I take your account number?
Caller provides account number, rep looks up customer details
Call centre Rep: Thank you. And how can I help you, Mr Mwahaha?
Caller: I think you'll find that's <evil villain voice>MWAH - AH - AH</evil villain voice> and I'd like a copy of my latest statement please.

Edits: Forgot about HTML stripping feature, experimented before giving up & checking the formatting wiki page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xavarir wrote:
TheAgents wrote:

;-P

Well, in some situations, absolutely. Unless you're trying to make a convincing argument to be given points from Free Agents, in which case you might want to plead poor and desperate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I like that at all. I have been play testing for a month and hiding the vp sucks... And thematically it makes more since that you know your opponents Intel scores after all we are all spies and you are giving them ip as they figure out pieces of your organization. That is the intel the game is fought over. Think of the start of the game as a Mexican stand off and your trying to be the first guy to find out what his enemies truly have so that when you strike you know where to hit. Every move you make is a calculated risk as you know by making the move you give up valuable intel on your own power structure.

And sure there were a hand full of games with a run away leader but every time that happened since we all knew the scores we all acted to stop them. 9 times out of 10 the first leader ended up dead last because he gave away too much intel to early. Having your score known is important to the game play it mean you have to set up a winning scenerio without scoring too many points with back up plans built in so that once they realize your a threat it is too late to stop you, or the only way they can stop you is something you planned for and use to win.

Most games end with 2~3 out of 4 within 2~3 points of 40. And they are Intel points so yes you know who is likely to win on the final turn but then again you have collected enough INTEL that it makes since you know. Seems kind of dumb you collect all this intel then have no idea that someone else was one turn from winning.

I play dominion and a hand full of other game with hidden victory and you end up spending half your time keeping track of everyone else's scores and there is always someone at the table just playing along until someone tell him he has lost. I liked the open scores for this as it means you don't have to waist time keeping track and can spend your time plotting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.