Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit, this is my first small press boardgame. I knew full well going into this that the map wasn't going to be mounted on slick cardboard or laminated or anything so high-production-cost, and I got exactly what I was expecting. So yeah... don't take this as a slam concerning the quality of this great game.

That said, I don't know what to do with my paper map to protect it from wear. Sandwiching it between sheets of plexiglass seems like the best option now, but I kinda figured that you, the UNWASHED WARGAMING MASSES, could learn me a thing or two about map mounting. Is it possible to laminate the whole thing? Would this be a wise thing to do, or would it mess up the art?

So have at it. MAKE ME SMARTER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the wargamers I hang out with wear 50 gallon hefty bags and surgical gloves when playing, to avoid dripping bodily fluids on the map. And we only touch the (precision clipped) counters with tweezers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
All you really need is a sheet of plexiglass and that should give you all the protection you will need during game play. Home Depot has in stock pre-cut sheets of 36x30 inches for only $13 that fit the standard maps just perfect with a good amount of coverage over the edges of maps to protect against most liquid spills.

I would recommend against lamination as you're left with a map that won't fold back up to fit in it's box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Plexiglass is good. I tend to use poster frames: that way I can hang the map on the wall of my game room when it's not being played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borja Sierra
Spain
Getxo
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plexyglass, as suggested by others, is a good choice. Also avoid letting the game under direct sun light to avoid fadding the colours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.