Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Landon Squire
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently writing my review of Cinque Terre and thought it would be nice to have this written in a separate post as well.

My wife and I have created a house rule where if all the face up produce cards are of the same type, you move all of those cards into the discard pile and flip over 4 new cards. I realize that you can trade in 2 of any type of produce card for any 1 produce, but we were playing with 3 oranges face up for a while and when we had 4 oranges, we just decided that it would be a nice rule to swipe them and get a clean slate.

We have only really needed to do it that one time as of yet, but I like the rule and thought I would share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same issue once (different fruit).

If I can convince anyone to play the game again and we get the four fruits, then we will adopt your house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
We house-ruled this as well, but we only wait until 3 identical cards are face up.

Call it the "Locomotives Rule" (Ticket to Ride).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
landonsquire wrote:
I realize that you can trade in 2 of any type of produce card for any 1 produce, but [...] we just decided that it would be a nice rule to swipe them and get a clean slate.

This is a good house rule. In my (limited) experience with the game, everyone is so keyed on being efficient that no one wants to spend two actions to get one, and what is more, no one wants to expose a more valuable card to the rest of the table. So what ends up happening is that everyone just blind-draws off the top. Again. And again snore

Good house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Good idea. Had the same thought last time I played.

Alternate possible ideas: use an action to wipe away the cards at any time. Or no wiping, but when there are 4 identical cards at the end of a player's turn, the corresponding dice are raised up 1 in value (to tempt players to take the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We prefer to play to the rules, having to deal with the luck of the draw is all part of the game and since the rules allow for this with the "two for one" have never felt it required a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
NiickEE wrote:
We prefer to play to the rules, having to deal with the luck of the draw is all part of the game and since the rules allow for this with the "two for one" have never felt it required a house rule.

When playing with kids, I find that they rarely want to use the 2-for-1 exchange. They have not yet developed this level of strategic thinking.

In order to keep the game friendly and fun for them, we use the house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.