Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I encountered a situation I do not see covered in the rules while playing 1825 Unit 1 with the Regional Kits (Particularly R2.1 South West England).

The first 5 train was up for sale just as an Operating Round ended. In the next Share Round the Somerset & Dorset sold enough shares to pay for its 5 train (embedded on the company charter) and begin operating in its turn in the subsequent Operating Round.

I see nothing in the rules to indicate whether or not "purchase" of this 5 train would trigger the beginning of Phase 3 in the same manner as the purchase of a regular 5 Train. If it does start Phase 3, would the phase begin as soon as the S&D has enough money to pay for its train in the Share Round or would Phase 3 begin when its turn comes around in the upcoming Operating Round?

My house rule would be "Yes, Phase 3 would start, but only when it is the S&D's turn to operate in the next OR."

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of an authoritative source, but Dave Berry's house rules / rules interpretations state that the purchase of a built-in 5-train by a minor does not trigger a phase change, and the minor is allowed to use that train even when the first 'real' 5-train has not yet been bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.