Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Format: VASSAL live with voice chat option (Skype or other). Am free most weeknights starting at 9PM Chicago time (GMT -6 I think)

Teach?: I'm new to GTS but am willing to learn with someone else learning as well.

Expertise: None direct so far. Read rulebook a few times and played around with the early scenarios.

I've been really interested in GTS lately. I own WED. Would be open to the other games in the series to at least get some play under my belt. However, I do not own them so I don't have the exclusive rulebook for the other games.

Would like to get through the non-campaign scenarios for WED, but willing to try most anything. Given the depth of the game and my newness to the system, I am not interested in PBeM at this time. Not sure it would make much sense anyway with the Opportunity Fire rules.

Hope to hear from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not looking for a vassal game right now, but I've found that there really isn't a lot of opportunity fire. I've learned very painfully that giving the other guy free shots isn't good.

Other people may play differently but I find that when I'm doing PBEM games and the other person has opportunities just assume that they'll take them and do the dice rolls for them. Otherwise you go at a snail's pace exchanging files for each little reaction. I've never done any TCS PBEM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zhe Leng
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually quite interested in PBEM.

Though you have said not interested in PBEM, as OF's that really need the discretion of another player do not happen frequently, I think PBEM is actually better for learning the game. If you change your mind, we can start to play any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Martin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you still looking for someone to play with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like I have more flexibility than I initially thought.

I'm still interested in playing. I'm going to drop Zhe a note and see how PBeM goes.

Bryan, let me know if you are interested in live play and perhaps we can try that down the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Martin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm interested in live play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for PbEM opponent - PM me if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.