Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an interesting idea for a character - would love some feedback.

Background:

In the Arabian nights Schererazade was married to a bitter king who would marry a virgin one day and have her decapitated the next day.

She was very clever and on the first night she told an amazing story but did not finish it so the king would need to keep her alive to hear the end of the story. The next night she finished the story and started a new one. The cycle continued until after 1001 nights had past he had fallen in love with her and allowed her to live.

For those interested - here is the wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheherazade

Thematically I wanted her to be able to be able to tell a story about another character and embellish their actions by providing more extreme results in adventures. If their story was interesting (Amaze=heroic, FOPP=tragic), she could avoid harm.

She would be weak but witty, intelligent and respected.

Setting: Epic Heroes
Circle: Icons

Move: 6
Health: 4

Wits: 8
Melee: 1
Power: 1
Damage: 2

Aim: 4
Point: 3
Throw:4

Dodge: 5
Stealth: 5
Armour: 2

Intelligence: 7
Strength: 2
Honour: 5
Respect: 7

Specials:

At the start of her free action Schererazade may choose one ally to be the protagonist of the story. Until her next free action phase the ally treats all squeaks as Amaze - this supersedes any adventure related powers of the protagonist.

If the protagonist Amazes or FOPPs on any adventures, Schererazade may not be targeted in melee until her next free action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macs, this is a good choice as part of filling out the Full Degree. We will be looking for more female characters and more non-US characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would obviously be an honour if it ever came about. Looking forward to any balancing guidelines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Johnson
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Macs wrote:
If the protagonist Amazes or FOPPs on any adventures, Schererazade may not be targeted in melee until her next free action.

I think protection only from melee attacks may be underpowered. I think the protection should extend to all targeting. Either that or tweak her react to be a bit lower and her stealth to be a bit higher to give her some ranged protection. She's not a fighter, so her survivability is the only thing giving her a chance to run around and adventure.

Looks like a very interesting character though. Well done Mac!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen!

I agree that she might need a bit of ranged protection.

I'm not sure if she should be an adventurer focused character as I thought she would be more of a buffing character. Of course she is the subject of a story herself so some adventuring on intellect and wits challenges would make sense.

Looking forward to playtesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome design Mac. Looking forward to hear about your findings during play testing. The wife and I are ourselves planning on doing most of the ancient Kells (Finn McCuhmal, Bodica, etc.). We'll have to compare notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.