Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time earlier tonight. Went ok for the most part, but of course we had to do the usual "fumble through the rulebook to answer questions." The one question we couldn't answer was concerning the reinforcements.

We know only factions at war can muster troops, but our question is "can they be from any friendly faction that is at war or do they have to be just their own troops?" For example: can you muster dwarves in Rivendell, or only in dwarf owned regions. We didn't know the exact rule, so when Rohan lost their last region we didn't use them anymore, even though they still had reinforcements available. Which to us seemed like the logical choice. It wouldn't seem right to have Rohan troops just suddenly appear in another territory, especially if it's halfway across the board.

Anyways, it's probably just a common sense question or something we just overlooked, but just to be sure we figured we'd give the "experts" a go at the solution.

Oh, the FP won by the way. Military victory. I, shadow player, concentrated too much on obliterating Rohan and didn't fortify my bases enough. That and some really lousy combat rolls did me in. Hurray FP yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have to be from their own faction, hence loss of all Rohan muster points means Rohan can't muster...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that certain cards allow you to muster one Nation's troops in an unusual part of the board for that nation. For the FP, Cirdan's ships deploys 2 Elven Elites in any coastal region (not controlled by the Shadow, I think...otherwise you could wallk into Umbar!).
There are Shadow cards that allow mustering of, say, an Isengard elite anywhere on the board you have a Shadow army. That is very useful as Isengard elites count as leaders and allow play of some nasty cards! Although it does lead to "The Spirit of Mordor" (FP card which causes casualties on multi-nation Shadow armies). Also noteworthy is "Monsters roused", which recruits Sauron troops in several non Sauron provinces in the Rivendell area. Musterings of a Long-planned war puts Southrons and Easterlings in Gorgoroth...I'm sure there are more examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that certain cards allow you to muster one Nation's troops in an unusual part of the board for that nation. For the FP, Cirdan's ships deploys 2 Elven Elites in any coastal region (not controlled by the Shadow, I think...otherwise you could wallk into Umbar!).
There are Shadow cards that allow mustering of, say, an Isengard elite anywhere on the board you have a Shadow army. That is very useful as Isengard elites count as leaders and allow play of some nasty cards! Although it does lead to "The Spirit of Mordor" (FP card which causes casualties on multi-nation Shadow armies). Also noteworthy is "Monsters roused", which recruits Sauron troops in several non Sauron provinces in the Rivendell area. Musterings of a Long-planned war puts Southrons and Easterlings in Gorgoroth...I'm sure there are more examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.