David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose you contribute 1 or more flavor dice to strengthen another player's blend. You place token(s) on those dice on the coaster. But,
when it is your turn again, do you still get to roll 5 coffee dice?

BTW: Everyone I have taught the game to was very impressed and noted the surprising depth for a dice game. It is a compliment to a dice game when players say the outcome is determined by the players themselves and not by someone benefiting from "lucky rolls". You might be aided here and there by a lucky roll, but it is obvious skill is going to be more important in playing this game well than luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you contribute all of your flavor dice you still roll 5 dice on your turn.

If you say, have 3 flavor dice and have contributed 2 of them over the course of other people's turns, then you would have 1 flavor die left on your turn, then you would be rolling 6 dice total (5 normal + 1 flavor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJock wrote:
If you contribute all of your flavor dice you still roll 5 dice on your turn.

If you say, have 3 flavor dice and have contributed 2 of them over the course of other people's turns, then you would have 1 flavor die left on your turn, then you would be rolling 6 dice total (5 normal + 1 flavor).

A++ would thumb again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the donation section it mentions when donating that you roll ALL your flavor dice. So are any flavor dice you roll that your opponent chooses not to use returned back to you and you only lose the ones they decided to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyHexagon wrote:
In the donation section it mentions when donating that you roll ALL your flavor dice. So are any flavor dice you roll that your opponent chooses not to use returned back to you and you only lose the ones they decided to use?

Yup. Any Flavor Dice they do not accept during Donation are returned to you and you must roll them on your next turn - or you can Donate them to another player if they go before you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Toth

Ludenzia
msg tools
Hello! I have two questions about this fantastic game.

1. Why did you write the word "token(s)" in plural? :-) Does that mean that you can put tokens on each of your (Flavor -> ) Dice used to create the Featured Blend (and score 1 PP for each of them)? Or it simply means that multiple players can put 1 of their available tokens on the Featured Blend (provided they donate)? (Sorry, if I am stupid :-D )

2. The token you put on a die of a Featured Blend has to be "earned" first by your research track(s), and you cannot take it from the general supply, right? So if you don't have a token ready to be used it makes no sense to donate a Flavor Die, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.