Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew clark
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if anyone has ever used this game to do this? Rather than resolve a larger battle through the usual battles rules it is converted to a miniatures wargame and the outcome decided there. The miniature rules I'd be using are napoleon's Battles.

As I've just about completed everything in terms of terrain and figures I will need to play out a campaign game in the Spanish peninsular I'm interested to see if others have done this.

Thanks,

Matt

(Thread topic also posted under Napoleon's Battles and Empire in Arms)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Edgar
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,

we used War and Peace to genarate battles for Napoleon's Battles.

A long time ago now (late 80's/early 90's)
If I can lay hands on the mechanics then I will post them.

From memory we used a look up table. As each counter in W&P represents 5000 troops this equated to 10 bases in NB.
So 1 W&P point gave a brigade of 5 infantry, a brigade of 4 infantry and an artillery base. 2 W&P points gave you double. 3 W&P points gave 3x5 base infantry, 2 x 4 base infantry, 1 x 4 base cavalry 2 foot and 1 horse artillery.

Mounted points gave 2 x cavalry brigades. Guards, Cossacks, Landwehr, etc were used if you had those W&P counters.

We used it for an Austrian vs French campaign and one against the Russians and Austrians.

Players on both sides had to agree that it was big enough and balanced enough to move to the tabletop otherwise small or lop-sided battles were resolved using the W&P combat resolution table.

It was a lot of fun at the time.

Other boardgames to consider are Napoleon (1815), and Napoleon at Bay (1814)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew clark
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul_Edgar_au wrote:
Yes,

we used War and Peace to genarate battles for Napoleon's Battles.

A long time ago now (late 80's/early 90's)
If I can lay hands on the mechanics then I will post them.

From memory we used a look up table. As each counter in W&P represents 5000 troops this equated to 10 bases in NB.
So 1 W&P point gave a brigade of 5 infantry, a brigade of 4 infantry and an artillery base. 2 W&P points gave you double. 3 W&P points gave 3x5 base infantry, 2 x 4 base infantry, 1 x 4 base cavalry 2 foot and 1 horse artillery.

Mounted points gave 2 x cavalry brigades. Guards, Cossacks, Landwehr, etc were used if you had those W&P counters.

We used it for an Austrian vs French campaign and one against the Russians and Austrians.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Would very much appreciate the mechanics you used if you find them. I can let you have my email via personal message if and when you do.

Cheers,

Matt

Players on both sides had to agree that it was big enough and balanced enough to move to the tabletop otherwise small or lop-sided battles were resolved using the W&P combat resolution table.

It was a lot of fun at the time.

Other boardgames to consider are Napoleon (1815), and Napoleon at Bay (1814)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew clark
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Would very much appreciate the mechanics you used if you find them. I can let you have my email via personal message if and when you do.

Cheers,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.